Brooklyn Signature Hybrid vs Nest Alexander Hybrid

Hey neednewmattress20,

Welcome to the TMU Forum :slight_smile: ! Thanks for the kind words on the site and for your question. Thanks also to @MarioJodoin/ MFC and @KenHightower/ Arizona Premium Mattress for their expertise and guidance with your questions, we appreciate their excellent consumer support.

“Transparency” as it relates to our Trusted Member program is mainly connected with matters directly related to customer service or company disclosure of product specifications/ construction so that consumers can make an informed decision when purchasing a mattress from them. In the case of Brooklyn Bedding, discontinuing their membership was a mutual business decision having no bearing on consumers and as such, there is no need to make this information public.

TMU does however make public the reasons for membership termination in situations concerning consumers’ best interest when we cannot in clear conscience deem the company a “Trusted Member”. You can read here, for example, this instance of past announcements of business membership termination. The “reasons” are mostly connected with the company not meeting the stringent criteria that TMU has for a prospective applicant to become a Trusted Member. These may include ongoing issues of customer service, failure to disclose specs needed to assess how long a mattress would last, etc.

While other people’s comments or reviews about the knowledge, products, and services of a particular manufacturer/ retailer can certainly be helpful, generally I avoid using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable/ how durable a mattress may be for you. Many times, reviews can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on. While I have no personal knowledge regarding the BBB/ Nest Bedding response concerns you mention, I will say that NB has consistently provided excellent products, value and customer service in accordance with our strict business member guidelines. Hope this helps and looking forward to hearing more when you get closer to your decision.

Thanks,
Sensei