Brookstone Intellatex Sheets

I found a set of these sheets at a discount store and they are the most comfortable sheets I have ever bought. Given that I buy a lot of sheets in my quest to find the perfect set that is saying a lot. I have been trying to find out more about Intellatex and have been coming up pretty empty. I am thinking about buying another sheet set but I want to make sure they are safe.http://www.brookstone.com/sleep-smart-cotton-sheet-sets

Hi Wavycat,

The only information I know about them came from Google which you’ve probably seen.

Intellatex is a licensing company and their sheets are made by AQ Textiles (you can see a furniture today article that talks about them here).

There is a video about them here and a little more information here.

Phoenix

Thanks so much. I did find all that. I watched the video a few times trying to find useful information. I really want to know what they are infusing into the cotton. I am guessing that it is a closely held secret :confused: I tried calling the brookstone eight hundred number as well and that person just read me the label info. Oh so helpful. The sheets are just so soft and really do seem to help regulate temp. It seems suspicious that no one but Brookstone seems to sell them. Thanks for trying to track it down.

Hi Wavycat,

It would almost certainly be propietary and the whole field of nanotechnology applications in textiles is rapidly developing for many of their properties and uses (including fire resistant barrier textiles) but I was curious and based on some of the information here and here (and a few other sources I read) my guess would be that it uses Tourmaline in a polymer emulsion that is impregnated into the cotton.

Phoenix

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I was looking for. You are amazing. I think I am going to find another set of sheets. They really are amazingly soft. We have had good luck with infrared for healing and a little extra can’t hurt.

Hi Wavycat,

I’ve added your topic to the “central” sheet post here so that others can read your comments and information about the Intellatex sheets :slight_smile:

Thanks for bringing them up!

Phoenix

I posted this in another forum before I realized I should have put it here.

Update -the Brookstone sheets are wonderful to sleep on and I believe much cooler than my other cotton sheets. However, I am still in search of the “perfect” sheets.
Two reasons:

1. The elastic is not strong enough OR they are just too deep for my 14" mattress. My Target organic sheets fit better.
  2. The top wide hem is very wrinkly (I do not iron sheets).
    I have only washed them 3 times but so far they have no pilling and seem to be very good quality material.
    Bottom line: If they hold up for 6 months and still feel good, I will probably go looking for more of them if I haven’t found any better ones.

Hi Centaurita,

I switched your other post and my reply about the Intellatex sheets to this topic (and deleted the duplicate post) and changed the title so it would be easier for others to find it.

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Phoenix