Buis Mattress Model Recommendations

Hi! I have been reading everything I can on this forum for the past couple of weeks and decided to head to Buis Mattresses in Holland, MI. I like a firm mattress, am 5’7 side sleeper & salesperson said my weight was fine for any I chose. I tried out several different models. I do have allergies & wondered if picking the 400 Sublime Support would be a good choice. I have to say that every bed I laid on was comfortable, making it difficult to choose just one. They had two different latex mattresses (10 year warranty) & the other mattresses had 15 year warranties. All the mattresses except the latex are available two-sided if you choose it without a pillow top. They do have separate toppers, including a 3" latex. If any one has purchased a mattress from here, I would appreciate any recommendations of which model you chose with the specific specs of it. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. I never realized this was going to be such a difficult choice, and I want to make the best choice. I’m a bit overwhelmed right now. Thank you for any input you can give me.

Hi Calidreamer,

Only you can make the choice that is best for you based on your own personal testing for PPP and your personal value equation because nobody else can feel what you feel on a mattress.

Outside of choosing a mattress that is most suitable for you though I can tell you that Buis Mattress is a member here and compete well with the best in the country in terms of quality, value, and service so it would be difficult to make a poor choice there in terms of quality and value.

I would never purchase a mattress based on how it feels or performs for someone else because each person is different and a mattress that is “perfect” for one person based on their body type, sleeping positions, and personal preferences and sensitivities can be completely unsuitable for the needs and preferences of the next person no matter what the quality or value of the mattress. No matter what the quality or value of a mattress if it isn’t suitable for you in terms of PPP it would have little value to you. You can read more about using reviews as a way to buy a mattress in post #13 here.

The two main parts of choosing a mattress are first of all testing for PPP and secondly knowing the specifics of what is inside it so you can identify any weak links in the mattress and make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. If you follow the steps and guidelines in the tutorial post here (and Buis would certainly be one of your best options in step 3) your odds of making a great choice will be very high.

Phoenix