Buis or Mattress to Go

Hi lakebilly,

Outside of testing a mattress for PPP … the most important part of choosing a mattress is knowing the quality of the construction and the materials inside it so if you can provide the specs for both of the mattresses you are considering I’d be happy to make some comments about them (see this article for the specs you would need to know).

[quote]Also, do you have any knowledge about the XL series of beds in the following link:

www.goshenroadbeds.com/XL_Extended_Life.html[/quote]

The King Koil XL mattresses tend to use higher quality/density materials than the rest of their lineup because they are designed for higher weights. You can see some of my thoughts about one of them in post #12 here but you would need to know the specific details of the model you are considering to make sure that it doesn’t have any weak links and to make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

[quote]Any thoughts on the mattresses in the link below, specifically the Refresh at the upper right?

Symbol is listed as ‘Some Possibiltiy’ in the top 16 list.

This place is local but I had pretty much discounted them based on some of the posts in the forum regarding Symbol. The fact that this particular mattress has the more expensive pocket coils caught my eye. It also has 1.8 lb foam in one of the layers.

mattressmanfortwayne.com/our-selection/[/quote]

The “some possibility” means that there is “some possibility” that you will be able to find out the quality/density of the materials inside it … not that there is “some possibility” that any of their specific mattresses would be a good quality or value choice. If your retailer can provide the specs you need about all the layers in the mattress (and in particular the density of the top two memory foam layers) and you can post them on the forum I’d be happy to make some comments about it and help you identify any potential weak link in the mattress. I would avoid any mattress where this information isn’t available to you.

Phoenix