Buying a Cal King Mattress

Please tell me what is the best Cal King mattress for me if I am looking for a very comfortable, plush mattress that will provide me with a great nights sleep.
I live in Los Angeles

I bought a Tempurpedic that is way to firm. It is almost new & now I am struck with it.
I CAN’T SLEEP

Hi marc5656,

The first thing I should say is that there is absolutely nobody that can tell you what is the best mattress for you and if anyone tries to tell you that they can without knowing much more about your own specific needs and preferences then I would “run” (not walk) in the other direction. There are just too many variables and personal preferences involved for anyone to be able to make this kind of decision for you … especially if you haven’t personally tested the different types of materials that are available to see which you prefer.

I can help you though with the steps you can take that can help YOU decide on what is the “best” mattress for you based on your own unique needs and preferences.

The first place to start is to read (not “study”) post #1 here and the information it links to. This will give you the basic information you need to begin with.

Once you’ve read this and you have a better idea of the different materials and mattresses that are available … then it’s time to start testing mattresses and to connect with people that have the knowledge and experience to help you make the most suitable choices. Finding the “experts” who already know what you would otherwise need to lean and will help educate you about your choices is much more effective than becoming one yourself.

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Los Angeles area are listed in post #2 here.

It’s also possible that your current mattress just needs a little bit more pressure relief in which case a topper may also help. How long have you slept on it and which Tempurpedic model do you have?

Phoenix