Buying a Mattress in Minnesota

Hello all,

So I’m buying a mattress for the first time in my adult life, started doing research and happened across this site. I’m currently in the process of reading through all the documentation across the site, and a few select forum posts.

I have the opportunity to buy a hilton hotel mattress through a friend, but, after having read several posts have come to the conclusion that doing so, while affordable, is not in my best interest. That being said, I’m not sure where I should be shopping for a mattress, given that no Mattress Underground member stores are located in my area, or state in general. Does anyone have recommendations on how I can identify a “good” retailer for buying a mattress in my area, or otherwise have previous buying experience in the twin cities of Minnesota?

Any advice (or reference to other forum posts, there is a lot of info to go through here and I’m not even done with the documentation off the forums yet) is greatly appreciated!

Hi BreakerSwitch,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Minneapolis / St Paul area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Phoenix do you have any personal experience with any of the stores listed, or is the list just based off of what you could gather from their websites?

Benstark,

I haven’t purchased a mattress from any of them but the comments in the hundreds of forum lists throughout the forum are based on a combination of the information on their websites (which are often incomplete and need to be checked) and more detailed phone conversations … some of which are much more extensive then others. Along with the information in the tutorial post (especially the “value” guidelines I linked) they are designed to help you narrow down your research so you can avoid the worst options and focus your time and efforts on the better ones.

Phoenix

Awesome, thanks so much. Still working my way through the denser content on the site, planning to start checking out stores and mattresses soon, not actually planning on buying anything until I move in about a month.