Buying a memory foam mattress topper in canada

Hello,

I’ve been shopping around for memory foam mattress toppers and I’ve been led to believe the “nature’s sleep”’ memory foam toppers are fairly good ones.

The issue I have is locating them for sale in canada. I went and looked up on their website and they clearly state that they don’t ship to Canada so I believe I should start looking for something else.

Can someone recommend me a particular brand to get in canada ? Looking for a maximum of 300$ for a queen bed-sized foam sheet.

What store can get me a good one ?
amazon.com has plenty of good deals but all the best ones don’t ship to canada.
Amazon.ca isn’t nearly as good as far as selection goes.

Thanks in advance

Memory Foam Comfort is a Canadian option, They also have free shipping. https://en.memoryfoamcomfort.ca/memory-foam-mattress-topper.html#memory_foam_topper

Hi Andy5,

Outside of any local options that may be available to you … the better online options or possibilities I’m aware of that ship mattresses and/or toppers across Canada are listed in post #21 here although you will need to check their websites or call to find out which of them sell memory foam toppers (as pennies mentioned memoryfoamcomfort is one that does have memory foam toppers available).

Phoenix

Thanks a lot for the link pennies, that looks like something I’d buy.

Thanks too Phoenix, I’ll make sure to shop through all of those before I order anything !

So, I bought it and slept on it for a few nights.

Result : terrible upper-back pain and had to get rid of it.

I believe my body is not used to it and it forced my neck in an awkward position.

I will probably end up selling it locally as I don’t think I’ll try sleeping on it again now.

Never had such bad backpain, I guess it doesn’t take much to mess me up !

Hi Andy5,

[quote]I believe my body is not used to it and it forced my neck in an awkward position.

I will probably end up selling it locally as I don’t think I’ll try sleeping on it again now.[/quote]

It may take some time for the topper to break in and for you to get used to the feel of a sleeping surface that is different from what you are used to (see post #3 here).

While it’s not possible to “diagnose” more complex mattress comfort issues on a forum with any certainty because there are too many unique unknowns, variables, and complexities involved that can affect how each person sleeps on a mattress in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) or any “symptoms” they experience … there is more about the most common symptoms that people may experience when they sleep on a mattress and the most likely (although not the only) reasons for them in post #2 here.

When you sleep on a new mattress (or add a topper to your current mattress) you will generally sink into it either more or less than your old mattress so it’s not unusual to need a new pillow with a different profile as well. A suitable pillow is an essential part of good alignment for the head and neck and upper body because the gap between the head and the mattress and the curve of the cervical spine needs to be supported just like all other parts of the spine. Like mattresses … there are certain “needs” that depend on body type and sleeping positions but with pillows, personal preferences play a more important role because the face is much more sensitive to textures, temperature, smells, and other more subjective “feel” based properties of a pillow. There is more about choosing pillows in the pillow thread here.

If the only issue with a mattress is that it is too firm and there are no soft spots or sagging in the mattress then a good quality topper can certainly be an effective way to add some additional softness, “comfort” and pressure relief to your sleeping system but the only way to know for certain whether a specific mattress/topper combination is a good “match” for both of you in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP is based on your own careful testing or personal experience on the combination. If you can’t test the combination in person then there will always be always some risk and uncertainty involved in adding a topper because the specifics of the mattress itself along with your own body type, sleeping position, and preferences can affect which specific topper would be a suitable choice on any specific mattress and it’s possible that if the mattress/topper combination works well for you then it may be too soft for your wife…

There is more information about choosing a topper in post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to which along with a conversation with a reliable and knowledgeable supplier (that can provide you with good information about how their toppers compare to each other or to other toppers they are familiar with that are available on the market) can help you use your sleeping experience as a reference point and guideline to help you choose the type, thickness, and firmness for a topper that has the least possible risk and the best chance for success. A good exchange/return policy can also reduce the risk of an online topper purchase so I would make sure you are comfortable with the options you have available after a purchase just in case the topper you choose doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for.

Phoenix