BUYING A NEW MATTRESS IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA

I am in the Los Angeles area and am looking for purchase a Eastern King mattress for myself and my wife ( I am 5-11, 175, she is 5-7, 135). We don’t have any real preference as far softness, I would say we like a medium firm type bed. I am leaning towards memory foam and latex mattresses although I am also going to look at the Sleep Number air mattresses as well. My sister just bought an Icomfort Genius from Serta mattress from Sit n’ Sleep here recently and seems to like it so far. Any suggestions on local retailers, manufacturers would be appreciated. Also who do you recommend online to purchase from? Thanks again.

Hi msingh,

The first thing I would suggest is to read the guidelines here which can help you avoid most of the worst choices when you are mattress shopping.

I would also suggest reading this article before you consider an airbed.

Post #10 here has a step by step process that can greatly increase your odds of finding the best mattress for your needs and preferences that has great quality and value.

The better outlets I’m aware of in the Los Angeles area are in post #2 here. There are some great choices in the area.

The better online manufacturers … all of whom are invited members of this site which means that I believe they are among the best in the country … are in post #21 here.

If you first focus on finding the better manufacturers and retailers in your area … then you are almost always certain tofind the best quality and value and most importantly the expertise and guidance that can help you make much better choices

Phoenix