California King Best Organic Latex Matress

Hello Phoenix,

My husband is 5’11 170 lbs and I am 5’8 140 lbs (I am female). He is 50 years young and I 48.

We both sleep in all positions except for on our stomachs. We sleep equally on our backs and sides but if I was hard pressed I would say my husband sleeps slightly more on his back and I slightly more on my side.

I looked at the recommended online stores and came across Sleep Organic since no stores were listed in Seattle, Wa. What mattress layers would you recommend for 4 layers? The online site allows for split mattresses encased in one uniform mattress to accommodate for different partner preferences also - so if you have a recommendation for my husband separated from myself please let me know.

Also, spinal alignment is very important to us and since testing their mattresses at a location is out of the question I guess we will be trying different pillows at home to help account for this per a post I read on this site.

There are also 2 stores that are local that I would love your opinion on if you have a chance to look them up: Soaring Heart Natural Beds and Bedrooms and More. Or if you have any recommendations for the Seattle/Bellevue, Wa area I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Cup

Hi Cup.

Thanks for sharing some background information about your sleeping styles and stats. That is very helpful :slight_smile:

I can see you have been thoughtfully doing research on latex mattresses since this summer and am happy to hear you’ve been exploring the options available from our Trusted Members. We obviously think very highly of them and know they compete with the best in the industry in terms of quality and transparency.

Sleeping Organic is one of our Trusted Members and their mattresses are great quality/value products that I’m sure you’ll be very pleased with! The bridge that remains to be crossed is to determine your firmness/comfort needs so that you can dial in on a bed that closely matches any needs and preferences you might have. Even though you’ve been giving us some general information about you and your husband. So that I don’t have to go back to gather info from your past pots and so that it is useful to other subscribers that are interested in your topic it would be helpful to know what type of mattress are you currently sleeping on and what are some things that you like about it? What made you want to change it?

In general, it is impossible for anyone to choose for you which 4-layer latex combination would be best as only you can feel what you feel on a mattress; people with different body types, sleeping positions, or preferences can make very different mattress comfort choices from each other. So you’d first need to do some narrowing down based on your preference of materials, needs, and the other parts of your Mattress buying personal value equation and things that are most important to you.

In very basic and general terms, back sleepers do better with slightly firmer comfort layers, whereas side sleepers tend to benefit from softer/thicker layers. But, seeing that there is not a large BMI variance between you and your husband and that your sleep styles are relatively similar, It may be that a side by side split would not be especially necessary unless you know you have different preferences when it comes to “feel” and preferences, but if you do like something softer, and your husband does like something firmer, it wouldn’t hurt to explore the split option.

Both these companies are good shops in your general area with good/quality products and customer experience. Whatever business you’re considering, I would always confirm that any retailer or manufacturer that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article ) and also make sure that any mattress that you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here . I would recommend you check out our tips for identifying a great mattress outlet if you haven’t done so already!

Hoping this helps you move forward in your mattress research. If further questions should arise, don’t hesitate to ask!

Phoenix