Can you help me select a latex mattress? OMF, Sleep EZ or local option?

Hi falcor,

Based on the information you provided … no I wouldn’t.

The most effective approach would be to choose a mattress that is the best match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) based on careful testing “as it is” (following the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial post) without anything else added to it. I would leave the uncertainty of adding a topper as a “backup plan” only if it was necessary and there were no better options available to you (see post #2 here). The only time I would tend to choose firmer rather than softer is if you really can’t tell the difference between the suitability of two mattresses (as they are) in which case I would lean towards the one that was slightly firmer although this would be less important if you have the option to make changes to a mattress after a purchase.

There are no weak links in any of the mattresses you are considering in terms of durability so I would focus more on suitability and then once you are down to your finalists making good comparisons based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix