Canadian Options - Tempur-Flex Alternative (Novosbed/Casper/LoomLeaf)

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you for the very detailed response. I read through many of the posts youā€™ve linked and Iā€™ve started gathering the detailed specs of each of the mattresses Iā€™m considering based on the ā€˜Mattress specifications you need to knowā€™ page.

My postal code is N2L 3G1, if you happen to know of any quality options in my area, but Iā€™m certainly open to the online purchasing. I would just prefer to try a similar type (materials, quality) of mattress before I make a purchase.

How easy are the returns for most of the online retailers if you absolutely canā€™t stand the mattress? They all make it sound like a breeze, but returns are usually a huge pain in the butt for other products so I worry.

Iā€™m surprised to hear that the Loom & Leaf uses lower quality materials. Itā€™s marketed as a luxury mattress and all the direct comparisonā€™s Iā€™ve seen to Casper and other similar retailers rate the Loom & Leaf much higher. Any comments on how the ā€œmedical grade cooling gelā€ helps with heat retention? That was another worry of mine when switching to memory foam.

Thank you for the list of retailers that ship to Canada, I did not realize Brooklyn Bedding was also an option. It is a similar price to the Casper after the US exchange. I didnā€™t find this thread when I searched earlier. Iā€™ve tried a Dormio mattress at a local retailer and loved it, but the price was 3-4x more than what Iā€™m looking at.

From what I can tell, the Casper and Brooklyn Bedding are mostly latex, while the Novosbed and the Loom & Leaf are memory foam and gel foam, respectively. I suppose my best best at this point is to try a latex mattress, a memory foam mattress and a gel foam mattress and decide based on which feels best. If the return policies are really as pain-free as they sound, I can always use the sleep trials afterwards.

Casper, Brooklyn Bedding and Loom & Leaf were all very upfront about the materials used in the bed, while Novosbed support did not give me any details on the material or the density used, they just gave me a few catch phrases like ā€˜ultra denseā€™ and ā€˜highest quality materialsā€™ do you have more detailed specs on this mattress or know somewhere theyā€™re listed? Edit: Scratch that, found them in one of the posts you linked here.

Thanks again!