Can't get comfortable on our latex sleepez 13

so…much to my great sadness I think I will be returning my sleepez 13 all talalay king mattress. I had wanted to write a glowing review but it’s just not been the answer for me.

We are going into our 3rd month with it and I still am sleeping badly on it. I wake up and the hollow of my back is killing me and my neck and hips. Plus I wake up on my stomach a TON and I only do that when I am trying to find a good position. I am very sad because I did a ton of research on here before pulling the trigger on that bed. I had layers of xfirm, firm, firm, med and then we got them to send a soft and have tried numerous combinations. The one that has worked the best is firm firm, xfrim and soft as the top. I ended up putting a few blankets under the 2nd layer to lift my hips and that helps a little but it’s just not working. To say I am sad and frustrated is an understatement. I have tried to sleep on each combination at least 6-7 days . This last thing of adding blankets I plan to give a little bit more time but not much. I think I am going to have to go to a coil bed. I have started reading on here about coil beds but honestly I don’t even want to read anymore after all the research I did on the latex.

If anyone has had issues with latex and moved to a coil bed and has some suggestions of brands I would love to hear about them. The only thing we really have around here are big box stores :frowning: So…Not sure how to progress. We are side sleepers…combined weight of a little under 450lbs…I am a little over 200 and he is around 230-240. My hips need support but I need a soft top to help my shoulders sink in as does he.

Tx

Hi equestride,

I’m sorry to hear that things aren’t working out for you with your mattress and as you know from your reading here, the type and quality of the materials in a mattress have little to do with whether they will be a suitable match for you. This is also the reason why a good return policy can be an important part of the “value” of an online purchase.

It’s only been a little less than 6 weeks since you have been sleeping on your mattress so you still may be going through an adjustment period (for some people this can take longer and in some cases up to 90 days … especially if your mattress is much different from what your body is used to sleeping on) but of course you are the best judge about whether you wish to continue a little longer or whether you may wish to continue testing configurations that may work well for you.

I would also make sure you have talked with SleepEZ to make sure that they don’t have any other suggestions that you haven’t tried yet.

If you do decide to start over again and you are outside the averages that works well for others that are similar to you in terms of body type and sleeping position then it may be well worth considering a local purchase that you can test in person.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here but I would keep in mind that the name of a manufacturer doesn’t matter because the design of a mattress and how suitable it is for you in terms of PPP and the quality of the materials inside it is always much more important than the name of the manufacturer on the label. I would also keep in mind that each person’s experience on a mattress can be unique and as your own experience indicates … a mattress that is “perfect” for one person may not be a good match at all for someone else so I would rely on your own personal testing and experience much more than on other people’s experience on a mattress.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Just out of curiosity … have you tried XF, F, M, S or any 3 layer combinations (such as F, M, S).

Phoenix