can't make decision shopping for 2 years...

With poor sleep. Well I have searched a lot. Spoke 2 u about places in my area went to all of them over the weeks. More confused than ever. I almost wish I never knew all this info because Its just made it harder for me.

Searched denver mattress and others u suggested but…

You never mentioned tyndall that carries numerous options. I did a search on restonic n the info on this site seems scattered and not conclusive for this option. Could you please direct me 2 my best option. I get lost in a sea of links and lengthy info I’ve read over n over till I collapse in it all. My friend purchased the house brand of mattress firm n it sure felt comfy, even thou I know youd tear it apart. Nothings good anymore n my price range changes daily. What ever happened to spending half a grand n getting a good night’s sleep went out the window wheb I visited this site. Now I sit in limbo. Any chance you could just tell me three good options. Ive laid on every bed imaginable. Im not where close 2 narrowing. More and more options occur… lost.

Hi Heyphoenix,

As you know from the previous links I shared with you I can only speak to the quality or value of a mattress and help with how to make your choices but not which specific choices to make. I can’t see you on a mattress or feel what you feel so your own testing and experience is the only way to make a suitable choice for mattresses you are testing in person. No matter what the quality or value of a mattress if it isn’t suitable for your needs and preferences it would have little value to you.

If you are also looking at online mattresses … then more detailed conversations with each retailer or manufacturer you are considering would be the best way to choose your “finalist” at that manufacturer because they know their mattresses and the options they have available better than anyone and have the most experience and knowledge about which of their mattresses are most likely to be suitable for different body types and sleeping styles.

If you follow the steps one by one then by step 5 you will have a list of “finalists” to choose from and you will know the details of each mattress in this list and will have either tested them for PPP or have talked with a manufacturer about which of their mattresses are the most likely to be suitable for you.

If you list your top 2 or 3 finalists here on the forum and can describe the results of your testing on each, the specifics of what is in them, and why you are including them as one of your finalists, then I’d certainly be happy to share my thoughts about whether any of them have any “weak links” that would need any caution or any of your choices that for some reason may be a good idea to avoid.

From that point on then your final choice would be based on all the objective, subjective, an intangible benefits that are most important to you.

I didn’t mention Tyndall because they are not particularly transparent about the quality of the materials in their mattresses (they won’t disclose the density of their foams) but if you are considering one of their mattresses that you know has good quality materials and no obvious weak links in the mattress then they would be worth including as one of your finalists as long as you know the details of the materials in the mattress you are considering.

What a mattress feels like in a showroom has nothing to do with what it will feel like a year or two down the road if the quality of the materials is low. You can’t feel the quality of a mattress in a showroom and low quality and high quality more durable materials will feel the same … until a year or a few years down the road when the lower quality materials will soften or break down and you will lose the comfort and support that is the reason you bought the mattress in the first place and the loss of comfort and support isn’t covered by any warranty.

Phoenix

I would just add that your post also means you have missed out on 2 years of better sleeping. I recently started looking myself. Pretty much had decided on a latex from info here and on sleep like the dead.

For me it was maddening to shop at stores. Most didn’t have many latex, and most stores I went to seemed to have uninformed or uninterested people, or seemed like some fly by night company. I couldn’t bring myself to visit every furniture store in town to end up comparing the same rebranded mattresses.

After doing what you have done and realizing I could research forever and driving myself mad, I decided to go with the Bamboo Bliss from Brooklyn Bedding. From similar products that get great reviews on Amazon from the same company, at least I hope this is the same thing with a notch up.in quality.

Bottom line, after talking to them, I felt comfortable enough to take the plunge. Its still in transit so I don’t have it yet. But I am confident that even if it isn’t the perfect mattress, its much better than what I have. So my nonexpert advice would be to stop punishing yourself and make a choice. Like me you may not make the perfect decision, but you will definitely be enjoying better sleep.

You deserve it.

Hi stradovinsky,

Well said !

And congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Take the plunge… I did it based on information found here. I’m on week five with my new baby (Aloe Alexis from Brooklyn Bedding) and am still on this forum yapping about it so you know I am pleased.
Hurting yourself sleeping on a bad mattress is just madness. It affects your mood, body and the ability to refresh yourself. It truly is the best money ($1329.99) I have spent all year.
Do it, there is no perfect choice just good vs. good.
Jeff