Carpathian Firm latex mattress at Jordan's Furniture

Hi,

Was at Jordan’s Furniture yesterday in Natick and noticed that they have a mattress called “Carpathian Firm”. Could not find any reviews on this on the site or the web, wondering if it may be new? Anyway, we liked the feel of that mattress the best - it was still soft in the upper most layers, but supportive underneath. (We had also tried the Lanai but it was a little too soft)

Here is a link to the Carpthian Firm mattress on Jordan’s website:

http://www.jordans.com/jordan-s-mattress-factory-carpathian-firm-jmfb-20048

Specs are:

Mattress:80"L x 76"W x 11"H
Foundations:80"L x 38"W x 2"H
Quilt: Double stretch knit jaquard puff
FR Fibers
1/2" Bio based foam 1.2LB density
1/2" Bio based foam 1.2LB density
Comfort Layers: 1" Talalay latex 28ILD
2" Talalay latex 28ILD
Support System: 6" Bio Based Foam Core 2.0LB 27ILD
BELOW FOAM CORE
3/4" Eco Fiber Pad
Origin: Made in New England

Any thoughts on this mattress? From what I could tell it looks like a good quality mattress but I know the expertise is on this forum so I’d appreciate any feedback.

PS- we also went to Boston Bedding and thought the Natural Splendor was good but my wife definitely preferred the feel of the Carpathian and Lanai to it.

Thanks!

Bennyb

Hi Bennyb,

There is only an inch of lower density quilting foam and all the other materials are high quality and durable materials so the mattress would easily meet the guidelines here and there are no weak links in the mattress in terms of durability.

If your testing has confirmed that the mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and it compares well to your other finalists based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are important to you then it would certainly be well worth considering.

Phoenix

Thank you for the quick reply Phoenix, glad to hear it meets the quality guidelines. If we go with this mattress I’ll post a review down the road to share my experience with others.

Regards,

Bennyb

Hi Bennyb,

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding and any comments or feedback you have the chance to share once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it as well.

Phoenix

So we ended up purchasing this mattress and have been sleeping on it for a couple weeks.

It is a little more firm that what we were used to but I’m thinking it will soften a little over time. I figure we can always purchase a 1" or 2" topper in a couple weeks if we still feel it is needed. We want to give ourselves a chance to get used to it (the first couple nights were difficult but now not so bad).

One thing we like is you really do not feel it at all when the other person moves around on the bed. Much less waking up when the other person flips over or gets out of bed.

The mattress seems pretty well constructed. We put it on a wooden bed platform (came with wooden slats) and purchased a 2" bunky board (platform support) that was recommended.

It doesn’t get too hot either. We have flannel sheets and multiple layers on the bed and it gets warm but not uncomfortably so.

Overall we are very pleased so far. I will report back if any issues develop.

Regards,

Bennyb

Hi Bennyb,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding and for the feedback … I appreciate it.

And congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix