Charles P. Rogers Powercore 9000 vs. NANO

Hi,
I’ve been looking for an innerspring hybrid with latex, not memory foam. My husband and are both over 50, and big (he: 280 lbs) and side sleepers. We bought a S & F 14 years ago that’s still harder than a rock and after waking up with numb hips and shoulders for a few years we have made it work by putting a 4" memory foam on top of it.

But now we’re moving and ready for a new mattress. We want to go to a King size. I’ve been considering the Charles P. Rogers Powercore Estate 9000. The CPR salesman (via phone) recommended the Nano, with the micropocketed coils for extra comfort. It’s more expense on an already pretty expensive mattress but the coils sound nice. They have a NANO2 with two layers of micro coils. I wonder if it’s worth it. We like soft surfaces but need good support.

(1) What are micro coils like and is the Nano a real step up?
(2) I’m reading a lot of helpful posts here about the CPR 9000 but almost exclusively from people who are THINKING about buying one. Is there anyone on here who actually OWNS one and could tell me how it’s working for them?
(3) I havent’ found a latex+innerspring besides the big "S’ manufacturers and Charles Rogers. Is there a brand out there I’m missing?

HERE"S THE INFO ON THE POWERCORE 9000
ESTATE 9000 LUXURY PLUSH
15-1/2" thick
Active Powercore 2™ spring unit
Comfort padding is double thick extra firm Pure Talalay Latex with added soft layer of Pure Talalay Latex and a layer of genuine latex gel.
340 gram circular knit with 25 mm hypo-allergenic quilt padding, Woven fabric border and gusset with handles on all 4 sides
AND HERE"S THE INFO ON THE POWERCORE NANO
14-1/4" thick
Comfort padding:
Soft layer of Pure Talalay Latex on top

• Extra firm Pure Talalay Latex comfort layer
  • 25mm/2500 (queen) nano coil comfort layer
    340 gram circular knit with 25 mm hypo-allergenic quilt padding, Woven fabric border and gusset with handles on all 4 sides

We would be buying online. We have little choice. The mattress store near me sell only the huge “S” brands or highly specialized custom organics I can’t afford and that don’t work for us

Thanks

Hi mabelle,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

There is also more information in post #3 here and the posts it links to that would be helpful for those that are in higher weight ranges. While the process of how to choose a mattress would be the same … most people in higher weight ranges will generally need or prefer firmer mattresses (firmer materials will feel softer because you will sink into them more) and materials and components that are higher quality and more durable (the materials and components in a mattress will soften and break down faster for those in higher weight ranges than they will for someone that is in a lower weight range that doesn’t compress the mattress as much).

[quote]But now we’re moving and ready for a new mattress. We want to go to a King size. I’ve been considering the Charles P. Rogers Powercore Estate 9000. The CPR salesman (via phone) recommended the Nano, with the micropocketed coils for extra comfort. It’s more expense on an already pretty expensive mattress but the coils sound nice. They have a NANO2 with two layers of micro coils. I wonder if it’s worth it. We like soft surfaces but need good support.

(1) What are micro coils like and is the Nano a real step up?[/quote]

You can read more about microcoils (or nanocoils) that are used in comfort layers in this article and in post #8 here and post #2 here. They would be a durable choice that can work well for those that prefer the more springy feel of microcoils in the comfort layers of their mattress.

It would certainly be a “step up” in terms of cost but it may not be a “step up” in terms of “value” because this would depend on whether it was a better “match” for you in terms of comfort and PPP and on which mattress you would sleep best on (the price of a mattress not a good indication of whether you will sleep better on a mattress or whether it would be a better “match” for you)

Hopefully some of the members here that have purchased the CPR Estate 9000 will see your post and share their comments but I would keep in mind that while other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful … I would also be very cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because any mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range) and reviews in general certainly won’t tell you much if anything about the quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

If you tend to prefer innerspring/latex hybrid mattresses (and there are many who do … see post #13 here), outside of any other local options that may be available to you some of the better innerspring/latex options I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here that may also be worth considering.

[quote]
HERE"S THE INFO ON THE POWERCORE 9000
ESTATE 9000 LUXURY PLUSH
15-1/2" thick
Comfort padding is double thick extra firm Pure Talalay Latex with added soft layer of Pure Talalay Latex and a layer of genuine latex gel.
AND HERE"S THE INFO ON THE POWERCORE NANO
14-1/4" thick
Comfort padding:
Soft layer of Pure Talalay Latex on top

• Extra firm Pure Talalay Latex comfort layer
  • 25mm/2500 (queen) nano coil comfort layer
    340 gram circular knit with 25 mm hypo-allergenic quilt padding, Woven fabric border and gusset with handles on all 4 sides[/quote]

There are more complete specs for the Estate Powercore 9000 and some comments about it (and Charles P Rogers in general) in post #2 here.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area (just in case there is a retailer or manufacturer that is relatively close to you that you’re not aware of that may be worth considering).

Phoenix

Thanks, Phoenix. I think I’ve found all the local shops but if there’s something I’m missing. Anything 50 miles of 66102.

Hi Mabelle,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Kansas City area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets your criteria and the quality/value guidelines that I linked in my last reply) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Thanks. There’s one on there I didn’t know about and looks like a great place to start.

Hi. I don’t know if you made a decision on a mattress yet or not, but in case this is helpful, I bought a CPR Powercore Estate 7000 last fall. I’m 5’7 and about 140 lbs and my husband is 5’9 about 180 lbs. I live in NYC so I was able to test the mattress in store. The 9000 was softer, but not by that much, so I decided to go for the 7000. After sleeping on it for a couple months and even rotating it, I found the mattress to be too hard for me. I would sometimes wake up with a painful lower back. When I was lying on my back, the curve of my back didn’t completely touch the mattress. My husband was okay. CPR told us the mattress would become softer over time, but towards the end of the 90 day period it was still pretty hard. We went back to the store to see if the 9000 might be a better option and then saw the Nano and Nano 2, which had not been available previously. We ended up switching to the Nano 2. Delivery took awhile because I think production was backordered, but we finally got it and have been sleeping on it for a few weeks now. I definitely sleep much better. It feels more like a luxury mattress. It’s plush but also supportive. There are moments when I think it might be a tad too plush, but then I quickly fall asleep and wake up without any pain. So far, so good. My husband usually goes to bed before I do, and when I climb into bed, as long as I don’t jump on the bed, he doesn’t wake up. The Nano2 we got is brown, not blue like in the website photo. Not sure if they are still making the blue ones, but we specifically wanted brown because we had a brown box spring from the Powercore 7000, and wanted it to match. Although once the mattress cover and sheets are on, I guess it doesn’t really matter.

Hi okada,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback about your new Nano 2 mattress … I appreciate it.

While “comfort”, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) or what “feels like” luxury" are unique to each person and a mattress that one person sleeps well on may be unsuitable for someone else to sleep on … your mattress certainly uses high quality materials and components and there are no lower quality materials or weak links that would compromise the durability or useful life of your mattress.

Once you have gone through the break in and adjustment period (see post #3 here) and you are sleeping well without any discomfort or “symptoms” over the course of the night or when you wake up in the morning … then because of the durability of the materials and components it would be reasonable to expect that you will be sleeping well for many more years to come.

Most importantly … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Okada thank you for your post. I have not found anyone who owns the Nano 2 yet and I was on the fence about getting it, but now I think I will go ahead and make the purchase.

Let me know if you have any additional thoughts on the Nano 2.

Hi planetship,

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful, I would always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would be cautious about about using anyone else’s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you. In many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own personal preferences) may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words … reviews or other people’s experiences in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

The Nano 2 uses good quality materials and components so there are no lower quality materials or weak links that would compromise the durability or useful life of the mattress but the suitability of a mattress and the durability of the materials are completely separate issues so I would make sure that you have done some careful testing on the mattress (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) to make sure that the mattress is a good “match” for your own specific needs and preferences.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

I do realize that there are many factors that go into purchasing any product that costs thousands of dollars. However in this case, I am simply not willing to go out and conduct exhaustive research or testing in order to evaluate exactly which mattress suits me and my wife “the best”. From what I have learned about mattresses in particular, in order to conduct a meaningful test according to the standards you are suggesting, I would need to own and sleep on every single mattress I am considering for at least a week to determine if it is the “right” mattress for me. Spending 15 or 30 minutes on a mattress in a store provides me with very little meaningful data with which to draw conclusions. I have done it before and at the end of the day all of the mattresses end up feeling the same. I simply have neither the time nor the capital to invest in such an arduous and frustrating process. Therefore, I am limited to using the opinions and experiences of others when selecting certain products.

The fact is that there is simply no good way to arrive at an informed decision concerning mattress shopping. You can’t trust the high pressure brick and mortar stores, and if what you say is true, then you can’t really “trust” what other people online have to say either. It completely baffles me that this website exists for the sole purpose of people being able to write about their mattress experiences and purchases, yet you tell me and others to be wary of individual opinions. I don’t understand.

Hi planetship,

I’m not sure where you read this but it certainly isn’t anything that I wrote or that I would agree with.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here (which I linked in a previous reply) which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

While nothing has a 100% success rate … with a local purchase for the majority of people … careful testing using the guidelines in the tutorial rather than just testing for the more subjective “comfort” of a mattress (which often won’t predict how well you will sleep on a mattress or how it will “feel” when you sleep on it at home) and some good guidance from a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer will usually result in a mattress choice that is well inside a suitable comfort/support range and will generally be “close enough” so that if any fine tuning is necessary it would be relatively minor and involve different mattress pads, sheets, mattress protectors, or perhaps even a topper if a mattress is too firm (see post #4 here and post #10 here).

Rather than using the feedback from other people that may not have a great deal of knowledge about the mattresses they have purchased and can have very different needs and preferences from your own (and again is one of the most unreliable ways to choose a mattress) … when you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

This is also certainly not the case and if you follow the steps and guidelines in the tutorial you will shift the odds of success in terms of making a good quality/value choice from being mostly against you to be greatly in your favor. This site was never designed to be a review site (and doesn’t even have a review section on the site) but is meant to educate and inform about “how to choose” a mattress … not “what” to choose.

I or some of the more knowledgeable members of the site can help you to narrow down your options, help you focus on better quality/value choices that are available to you either locally or online, help you identify any lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress, act as a fact check, answer many of the specific questions you may have along the way that don’t involve what you will “feel” on a mattress, and help with “how” to choose but only you can decide which specific mattress, manufacturer, or combination of materials is “best for you” regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label or whether anyone else (including me) would have the same criteria or circumstances or would make the same choice.

What you “want to believe” or what you currently believe and what you really “need to know” to make an informed choice and purchase a great quality/value mattress may be two very different things.

In its simplest form choosing the “best possible” mattress for any particular person really comes down to FIRST finding a few knowledgeable and transparent retailers and/or manufacturers (either locally or online) that sell the types of mattresses that you are most interested in that are in a budget range you are comfortable with and that you have confirmed will provide you with the all the information you need about the materials and components inside the mattresses they sell so you will be able to make informed choices and meaningful comparisons between mattresses and then …

1. Careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in the tutorial) to make sure that a mattress is a good match for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP … and/or that you are comfortable with the options you have available to return, exchange, or “fine tune” the mattress and any costs involved if you can’t test a mattress in person or aren’t confident that your mattress is a suitable choice.

2. Checking to make sure that there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress you are considering relative to your weight range that could compromise the durability and useful life of the mattress.

3. Comparing your finalists for “value” based on #1 and #2 and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Hi! I’m amazed by all the info on this forum, though a bit overwhelming. I’m intrigued by the CPR power core nano, but don’t live near NYC. Can you suggest some local retailers that have similar beds (coil on coil design) I’d like to try something similar rather than order online. I live near Chicago zip code 60540.

Thanks!
Jen

Hi psoup72,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Chicago area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in posts #2 and #4 here

I don’t keep a record of the individual mattresses or their specs that the retailers and manufacturers in the hundreds of forum lists throughout the forum carry on their floor or have available online (it would be a bigger job than anyone could keep up with in a constantly changing market) but checking their websites and making some preliminary phone calls to the retailers/manufacturers that are on the local lists is always a good idea before you decide on which retailers or manufacturers you wish to deal with anyway. This will tell you which of them carry mattresses that would meet your specific criteria, are transparent about the materials in their mattresses, and that carry the type of mattresses that you are interested in that are also in the budget range you are comfortable with. Once you have checked their websites and/or talked with the ones that interest you then you will be in a much better position to decide on the ones that you are most interested in considering or visiting based on the results of your preliminary research and conversations.

Assuming that the materials in a mattress you are considering are durable enough for your body type and meet the quality/durability guidelines here relative to your weight range … the choice between different types and combinations of materials and components or different types of mattresses are more of a preference and a budget choice than a “better/worse” choice (see this article). The best way to know which type of materials or which type of mattresses you may tend to prefer in general terms will be based on your own careful testing and personal experience because different people can have very different preferences.

All a “coil on coil” mattress means is that a mattress has an innerspring as a support core and also includes a thinner microcoil (which is like a mini pocket coil) as one or more of the comfort layers above the innerspring instead of one the other good quality materials that can be used in the comfort layers as well. It certainly isn’t inherently any better or worse than another mattress that uses different materials and components. I would also keep in mind that there are many different mattresses in every mattress category and some of them may be a good match for you in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) and some of them that have a different design may be completely unsuitable for you to sleep on … even if it uses the same type of materials and components in the mattress.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

Thanks for your quick response! I have visited quality sleep shop. I was very impressed with their beds. Do you think it’s worth a drive out to Beloit mattress? I’m always up for a good road trip, I’d like something to compare quality sleep shop to.

Thanks!

Hi psoup72,

Whether a road trip would be worth it or not is really something that only you can decide based on your experience with Quality Sleep, a phone conversation with Beloit, and on how much you are interested in trying mattresses that have a microcoil.

Both of them are members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

Phoenix

I am strongly leaning toward the Nanos right now. My biggest concern is that they might be a bit too soft and hammock me a bit (I’m 6’3" 225 and carry all my weight in the middle). For Vegas being a large town there is a serious lack of access to more “interesting” mattresses. I’ve liked the higher end Beautyrests without a pillowtop the best, although it would be nice if they felt a bit softer for helping to fall asleep while still being supportive.

This is why I’ve been gravitating to the Nanos–I know they’re just springs and latex, without all the other nonsense fillers, foams, and fluffs you especially see in the mass market mattresses. Having latex that actually contours to your body a bit giving a range of support would be nice to have. The Beautyrest seemed to be a choice between great support that’s mildly cushioned but doesn’t actually support your finer contours, or a comfort layer that was so thick and mushy it negated all the support… From the limited consumer opinions the most common complaint about CPR is that their mattresses are too firm, mostly from lighter people, which I suppose in my case is somewhat reassuring.

I was able to get some more info on the Nanos from their online sales. The top latex layer is 24 ILD and the other latex layers are 32 ILD. This seems like a sensible range for most normal to slightly high BMIs, although I neglected to ask how thick they are. I suppose the 24 could be too soft. They also sent me a pdf about the mattress construction that is way more helpful than anything on their site. I’ll upload it when I get back to my work computer.

Hi Goodrecrnd,

I’m not sure what you’ve read since you found the site but just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

I would keep in mind that the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” or PPP or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial)or your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else and their guidance will give you the best chance of success.

If you aren’t confident that a mattress will be a suitable choice then I would also make sure that you are comfortable with the options you have available after a purchase to exchange or return a mattress just in case the choice you make doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Las Vegas area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here linked earlier in this reply) are listed in post #2 here.

The major brands such as Sealy/Stearns & Foster, Simmons, and Serta all tend to use lower quality materials in their mattresses than most of their smaller competitors that will tend to soften or break down prematurely relative to the price you pay which is why I would generally suggest avoiding all of them completely (regardless of how they may feel in a showroom) along with any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the type and quality/durability of the materials inside it (see the guidelines here along with post #3 here and post #12 here and post #404 here).

ILD is only one of several factors or “specs” that will determine how soft or firm an individual layer will feel to different people and can often be more misleading than helpful (see post #4 here). While knowing the specs that can affect the quality and durability of the layers and components in a mattress is always important … unless you have a great deal of knowledge and experience with different types of mattress materials and components and their specs and different layering combinations and mattress designs and how they combine together and can translate them into your own “real life” experience that can be unique to you (which would generally be a very small percentage of people) … I would tend to avoid using complex combinations of “comfort specs” such as ILD to try and predict how a mattress will feel or perform for you. When you try and choose a mattress based on complex combinations of specs that you may not fully understand or only based on specs for single layers or components that may not be as relevant or meaningful as you believe they are then the most common outcome is “information overload” and “paralysis by analysis”.

I’m certainly looking forward to seeing the pdf.

Phoenix

I have no intention of getting a Simmons etc., given that all of those brands seem to be built with 6 different inferior foams in them that will leave me with a useless comfort layer after 3 years. Most of my post was merely to establish points of reference. I’ve been researching for probably 2 months now and feel like I’ve mostly hit a wall between access to test in person and information overload. Online comparison of specs, quality, and what similar people have liked has me narrowed down to CPR and SleepEZ. The list of small Vegas retailers is actually the most helpful information I’ve come across during all this research. I’ll definitely go visit Kaylee’s and check out Latex Bliss. Any compelling reason to select those over SleepEZ? Seems like $1000 more for a fancier cover and the “ActiveFusion” marketing buzzword.

Hi GoodRevrnd,

The Pure Talalay Bliss (previously Pure Latex Bliss) mattresses use high quality materials (blended Talalay latex) and there are no lower quality materials or weak links that would compromise the durability or useful life of the mattress.

The advantage of a local choice is that you can test it in person before a purchase to make sure that it’s a good match for you in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP and the most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase is how well you sleep on it.

The SleepEZ mattreses also use high quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in their mattresses either. They give you the choice between blended Talalay, 100% natural Talalay or 100% natural Dunlop in each of the layers and they also have many options available after a purchase to fine tune the comfort or support of the mattress by rearranging the layers or exchanging a layer, and they also have a good return/refund option if in the worst case none of the layering options that are available work out as well as you hope for. They are also in a lower budget range than the Pure Talalay Bliss (previously called Pure Latex Bliss) mattresses.

My previous reply included a link with more information that can help you make better “value” comparisons between mattresses based on suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well) which in this case would be comparable since they are both all latex mattresses, along with all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

While price is certainly one of the more important parts of “value” … the “value” of a mattress purchase is what is most important and price is just one of many factors that can affect the “value” of a mattress purchase. There isn’t a “formula” that can be used to assess or “calculate” the value of a mattress because there are so many different variables and criteria involved that can affect the price of a mattress that can each be more or less important to some people and not to others who may have completely different criteria or definitions of “value”. The “value” of a mattress purchase is also relative to how a mattress compares to the other finalists you are considering or to other mattresses that are available to you in your area (or online if you are also considering online options). There are many reasons that a mattress that may be “good value” for one person or in one area of the country may not be good value for someone else that has very different needs and preferences or that lives in a different area.

Once you have narrowed down your options to a list of finalists that are all choices between “good and good” and none of them have any lower quality materials or “weak links” in their design and if at this point there are no clear winners between them (which is usually a good indication that you have done some good research) then you are in the fortunate position that any of them would likely be a suitable choice and post #2 herepersonal value equation can help you make a final choice based on your own local testing and/or your more detailed phone conversations about each of them, the firmness and suitability of each one, their prices, your preferences for different types of materials and components, designs, or types and blends of latex, the options you have after a purchase to fine tune the mattress or exchange or return the mattress or individual layers and any costs involved, any additional extras that are part of each purchase, and on “informed best judgement” based on all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your that are most important to you.

Phoenix