Cheap guest room mattress for heavy family

Hi,
I apologize for being a bit lazy here in my searches, but I am looking for a recommendation on a decent cheap mattress for my guest room that will be used by my in-laws/parents when they visit. Both sets of family are on the heavier side (400 - 500 pounds). I know that there are posts on guest room mattresses, cheap mattresses, and mattresses for heavier couples, but I’m not sure what the best option is in my case. Our families only visit 2-3 times a year, and usually only for a few days at a time, so while I would like them to be comfortable during their stays, I don’t want to spend a lot of money for a mattress that will not be used 350 days of the year. I’d like to stay under $500 for a mattress and foundation if possible. Thanks!

Josh

Hi kapy3,

For higher BMIs, there are some good foam density guidelines in post #4 here. Post #3 here also has more information and suggestions about heavier weights.

Post #4 here and the posts it links to include many of the better lower budget online options I’m aware of as well.

Phoenix