Chicago Area

Hi, I have fibromyalgia and am looking for a new mattress since mine is 20 years old. I am looking for a dunlop latex mattress that does not cost a fortune. A fortune to me is what I am seeing to be in the $3000-4000 range. My budget is $1500. Does anyone have any other options for me. Also, having trouble finding a supplier in the Chicago area. Most don’t even know the difference between talalay and dunlop latex, so frustrating.

Hi Melody847,

The better options in the Chicago area I’m aware of are listed in posts #2 and #4 here.

Quality Sleep / My Green Mattress uses Talalay latex but RoomandBoard has Dunlop latex mattresses if that’s what you are specifically looking for.

Ikea in Bolingbrook and Schaumburg also has a Dunlop latex mattress that uses 85% natural dunlop latex (the Edsele).

http://www.northshorebedding.com/Organic_Mattresses.html also carries a range of Dunlop latex mattresses as well. While they won’t be inside your budget range they will give you a chance to test a range of Dunlop latex mattresses.

It may also be worthwhile looking at some of the online options that are available to you as well that are listed in post #21 here.

Phoenix