Children's mattress - Naturally Organic Little Sprout

I am new to the forum and have read most of the posts on mattresses for children. I was thinking about buying the Little Sprout by Naturally Organic and could not find any mention of it. Do you have any opinions on it?

thanks

Hi Hortie,

You can see some comments about it in this topic and in this topic and in this topic.

It certainly uses high quality materials (organic latex and a two sided cotton cover that is quilted with wool) so there are no weak links in the mattress in terms of durability. While it’s a little more costly than other mattresses that are very similar (that also use 6" of Dunlop latex and a wool quilted cover) … it would certainly make a suitable choice IMO.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that may be helpful in comparing the Little Sprout to other similar mattresses so you can decide which one would be the “best value for you”.

Phoenix

Thank you for your speedy reply. Are there other mattresses out there that are comparable? We originally thought the Pure Echo looked good, but it looks like they stopped making it. What do you think of the Ikea latex mattresses?

I forgot to add that we did look at the Sleeptex Sueno. It looks to be comparably priced and appears to be the same (or at least very similar to) as the Little Sprout.

Thanks again. I am glad I found this forum.

Hi Hortie,

Other mattresses that also use about 6" of 100% natural or organic Dunlop latex (with either a single 6" layer or two 3" layers) that also use a wool quilted cotton cover would be “fairly similar” if the firmness of the latex was the same and the covers were also “functionally similar” (such as the type and amount of wool, the quilting pattern, and the thickness and weave or knit of the cotton cover).

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area. The mattress shopping tutorial also includes a link to a list of the retail or manufacturer members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) and many of these make latex mattresses that use different types and blends of latex with a range of features, options, price ranges, and return/exchange policies and and a number of these that also have 6" of latex would be somewhat similar as well.

As far as I know they are still making the Pure Echo mattresses. You can see their page with the descriptions of their different options here.

Assuming you mean the Ikea Morgongava latex mattress … it uses high quality materials (85% natural latex made by Mountaintop Foam) and also has a wool quilted cotton cover so it would certainly be well worth considering as well. There are also some comments about it in this topic and this topic and this topic and a forum search on Morgongava (you can just click the link) will bring up more comments ad feedback about it as well.

Phoenix

Thanks again. I am not sure why I thought they stopped making the Pure Echo. Thanks for the link. I think that is the one we are going to choose. I think I saw somewhere that we can get a 5% discount from this site. If true, how do we go about doing that?

Just to verify what you and others have said, the Pure Echo would be a good choice for a 2 1/2 year old, correct?

We live in Austin, TX (and have been to Urban Mattress, Austin Natural, and the Clean Bedroom)

Hi Hortie,

Assuming you have talked with them about it (I would consider a more detailed conversation on the phone to be one of the most important parts of any online purchase) and it is the best match for all your criteria out of all the finalists you are considering (see post #2 here) it would certainly make a suitable and good/quality value choice IMO yes.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Austin area are listed in post #2 here but you have already visited a number of them. I also didn’t realize that The Clean Bedroom has a store there so I’ve added them to the list as well … thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

Phoenix

You might want to check the links on the Austin post. A couple of them don’t work.

We decided to go with the Pure Echo.

Thanks for all of your help. We greatly appreciate it.

Hi Hortie,

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll call tomorrow to find out if it’s just an issue with their sites or if they are out of business (which would be quite recent since they were both still in business not long ago).

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think you made a great choice and I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

Hi Hortie,

Sleeprite and Austin Mattress used to be partners in the same business and continued to work together when Sleeprite opened their own store but I confirmed today that Sleeprite is now closed (since about 4 - 5 months ago) so I’ve removed them from the Austin list but Austin Mattress is still open. They didn’t realize that their website was down and they are checking into it.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Phoenix