Choosing between three mattress!

Hello!

After several weeks for researching (a lot of which was done on this forum) - I’ve narrowed my search down to three choices. I was wondering if I could get some help looking through the value of these options. I’ve reviewed post #13, but I’m not completely following. Any experiences with the mattresses are welcome as well! For context I weigh 175 and I’m a stomach sleeper.

The first I’m considering is the UrbanMattress Camellia - Bloom Archives - Urban Mattress Boulder This is buy first the nicest construction of the three. I especially love the idea of the Micro-coil comfort layer. Normally this mattress would be out of price range for a king, but they do have a clearance (used less than 100 days) for 40% off. I tried this mattress in-person, and loved it, but I’m REALLY considered I’ll have no option to return (clearance sales are final). 30min in the store is never enough! Now that I reflect, I’m really wondering from materials/experience how “similar” the next two options might feel.

The second I’m considering is the Nest Owl. I know folks on this forum are a big fan of the Owl. They have a pretty good deal going right now too. Clearly it has less layering the Camellia. My main concerns are the mixed wool/cotton top design, and the lack of micro-coils. Is that something I would heavily notice? I loved the soft but sturdy feel of the Camellia, and I wonder if this mattress would be similar.

Finally, I’m considering the GhostBed Natural. I don’t completely love the pure cotton top, I’d prefer wool, but I don’t know that is a dealbreaker. It’s similar to the owl, but the layering is different. Considering my questions above, how similar would this feel to the Camellia (again, I know its an assumption based on materials). The king size for this mattress is 50% off. Is that a normal sale for GhostBeds? It seems like an insane value, but I’m wondering if they markup and then discount heavily.

I know there is a lot of sub-questions buried in the text here. I’m new to this, and still trying to wrap my head around everything! Any help is deeply appreciated!

Hi CocoNixi,

Glad to see you have found some candidates for your next mattress! Any mattress will be unique to those using it, based on their stats((height, BMI, sleeping position(s) and any underlying health conditions), and their PPP(posture and alignment, pressure relief, and personal preferences). Good that you have read theMattress Shopping Tutorial; If you haven’t you may want to reviewMattress Specifications You Need To Know and theMattress Durability Guidelines to better familiarize yourself with mattress components and how materials last over time. Stomach sleepers tend to have a minimum requirement for support for their sleeping position, so you have many options.

It’s very difficult to compare the ‘feel’ of different mattresses, as I said, every sleeper is different; what feels too soft for one person, another might consider too firm. Personally, I agree the lack of ability to return the mattress is concerning; any mattress requires a ‘break in’ period of up to 5 or 6 weeks until a consumer can really tell if its comfortable. The price wont be much consolation if you find that the mattress does not meet your needs!

TheNest Bedding Owlis very popular with consumers. Covers are usually made with breathable fabrics like cotton, wool, or coconut coir, or bamboo as the Camellia has, to allow more air circulation which is important if a consumer sleeps ‘hot’. Bamboo is not common, so you may have problems if you are trying to avoid cotton or wool….the coils are not part of the comfort layer, they are primarily to support the mattress, and should not really affect the ‘feel’ of the mattress. Likewise layering tends to allow a bit of air circulation between layers, but more or less layers do not usually affect the comfort level of a mattress per se.

GhostBed is another of theTrusted members of the site; The GhostBed Natural 50% off is a current flash sale; They do this from time to time, and are not pulling a ‘markup and discount’ switch. We do vet our trusted members and expect them to Be transparent, honest, and provide consistent excellent customer service. The Natural has a 2" talalay latex comfort layer; its’ a hybrid latex as opposed to a hybrid. The camellia has double the latex, but also has a foam layer as opposed to the wool on the Natural. All 3 of these mattresses seem to ‘fit your bill’ and you may be able to replace the cover with a wool one from another retailer if the cotton cover is something you really don’t want. Any of these mattresses should last for a long time and retain their comfort…it really comes down to personal choice. Please feel free to let us know which one you decide on once you have had some time with it!

~ Basilio