Christeli Versailles mattress

This is an honest review for the Versailles mattress.
I have had my Tiffany for a while now and love it so when I bought a used motorhome a few months ago my first upgrade to it was to toss the OEM mattress and call Christeli to get a mattress I could sleep on.
I decided on the Versailles due to the 10" size.
As always customer service was great and helpful and we soon had a short Queen on order.
It arrived quickly and I can honestly say that after sleeping on it for 31 nights it was well worth the investment, now it is not as good as the Tiffany but still very comfortable with great side support and I can’t think of any mattress that would be better for the RV and at a decent price on top of that.
Also unlike a lot of competitors products it does not sleep hot.
Now if only my 2 Cocker Spaniels would share more of it with me!
Please feel free to contact me if you need more information on this mattress and I will be glad to share my experience and knowledge.

Hi triton0226,

Congratulations once again on another new mattress … and thanks again for sharing your feedback as well :slight_smile:

It sounds to me like you will be sleeping well on your travels.

Phoenix

Hello,
I am planning to buy this mattress Christeli Versailles after eliminating Restava Monoco from my final 2 choices. Would you say Christeli is a better choice for the money? They do not offer any discounts on their website and they are not member here but their mattresses are competitively priced I think. I prefer a very firm mattress with excellent back support and side support but the problem is my budget was $800 and this is the best I could find. Is it durable and has good support for the body?

Hi dangit69,

I’m not dangit69 of course and hopefully they will see your post and have the chance to reply but I can help with these types of questions. The most important factor in the durability and useful life of a mattress is the quality of the materials inside it (see post #4 here). There is also more about the many variables that can affect durability and the useful life of a mattress relative to each person in post #4 here and the posts it links to.

The comfort and support of a mattress or what I call PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) will also vary from person to person depending on their body type, sleeping positions, and individual sensitivities. A mattress that is perfectly comfortable and perfectly supportive for one person may be completely unsuitable and very uncomfortable for someone else to sleep on.

The best way to know whether a mattress is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP would be your own personal testing of experience on the mattress. When you can’t test a mattress in person then the best way to decide whether a mattress may be a good match for you would be a more detailed conversation with the manufacturer (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). In the case of the Christeli Versailles, the description indicates that it’s comparable to the Tempurpedic Contour Select which is widely available so it may also be a good idea to test a Contour Select in a store to see how well it matches your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP which will give you an idea of how the Versailles will feel and perform for you.

It can be very risky to choose a mattress bases on someone else’s experience which may be very different from your own.

Phoenix