Chronic neck/ shoulder/ql/ hip pain

Hey Coridav,

Welcome to TMU :slight_smile: ! Thanks for joining in and for your question.

[quote]Hi there! These days Purchasing anything is so difficult as there are so many options and opinions out there. We spend half our lives in bed…so choosing a new mattress for me, being someone who deals with chronic muscle knots and stiffness, is not something I take lightly and would really love some input!
About me…I’m 5’4" 100 lbs…bony but athletic. I recently spend a week at the hyatt I. Orlando (hyatt grand bed ii I believe)and slept better than I have in a long time. I would a similar bed…I belive it is a europillow top…but quality, good materials… any advice or suggestions would be incredibly appreciated. I am sick of waking up In pain. Thank you![/quote]

Before we embark on a hotel bed discussion, let’s focus on your sleep history for a bit. Thanks for including your personal stats of height, weight, and body type, those are useful for understanding how your body would interact with different comfort and support materials. What mattress are you currently using and how old is it? What size mattress are you planning to purchase and what is your budget?

This Phoenix post is a bit older but still rings true; you may find these insights regarding approximating the Hyatt Grand Bed ll interesting for your research. This Posturepedic model was part of the Sealy Hospitality Collection, but I don’t see the Hyatt mattress within their hospitality lineup on their site currently. Sealy doesn’t reveal any proprietary details regarding mattress construction, making it difficult to comment on quality and durability potential.

I do apologize for the delayed response to your question, Coridav. Do you have any updates on your research? Are there local showrooms in the area where you can test mattresses for comparison? Let us know how things are going when you can and thanks :wink: .

Sensei