Cleveland, OH. Looking for a good local mattress shop

Hi Phoenix,
Thank you for your great continued effort with this forum and website. I will be purchasing a mattress soon, and have found your input very informative and helpful.

I live in Cleveland, Ohio, and would like to find a good mattress shop here. I have not tried any out yet, but after reading your site, an inner coil mattress with some latex within its comfort layer sounds like a nice combination.

In addition, I wonder if you might be able to recommend several mattresses within the 800 - 2,000 dollar range that you think are particularly good. I am also open to ordering a mattress online. Maybe a short favorites list?
I am 6’0", 160 pounds, side/stomach/back sleeper in one. Healthy, no back issues. I am leaning towards inner coil and latex like I mentioned before, but I am open to try any others you may recommend in your expert opinion.

Thank you very much!
All the best,
Eugene

Hi EugeL,

While what many people “want to like” based on their initial research and what they actually end up liking when they test mattresses may not be the same … for those that prefer an innerspring/latex hybrid over other types of mattresses they can certainly make a great choice.

[quote]In addition, I wonder if you might be able to recommend several mattresses within the 800 - 2,000 dollar range that you think are particularly good. I am also open to ordering a mattress online. Maybe a short favorites list?
I am 6’0", 160 pounds, side/stomach/back sleeper in one. Healthy, no back issues. I am leaning towards inner coil and latex like I mentioned before, but I am open to try any others you may recommend in your expert opinion.[/quote]

Unfortunately nobody else can feel what you feel and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to use specs (either yours or a mattress) or "theory at a distance to predict which mattress would be the best match for someone else in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). Testing a mattress in person using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post is the most reliable way to predict whether a mattress is a good match for you but when you can’t test a mattress in person then the best approach would be a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced online manufacturer who can help “talk you through” the options they have that have the best chance of success and who will know more about their own mattresses and “matching” their mattresses to different body types and sleeping positions based on the “averages” of their customers than anyone else (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). I’m always happy to help with “how” to choose but only you can decide which specific mattress is the most suitable and “best value” choice for you (see post #13 here).

Having said that … the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Cleveland area (subject to following the steps and guidelines in the tutorial post) are listed in post #2 here.

The tutorial post also includes links to the better online options I’m aware of as well (in the optional online step) that can help you narrow down your choices if you are considering online manufacturers or retailers.

Phoenix

Thank you again Phoenix.

I will continue my education and search!

Euge