Comfort layer question

Hi Chinooksea,

I’m guessing you may be asking me about cover options and which quilting materials and cover fabrics would be more temperature regulating rather than about comfort layers which are used inside the cover (quilted or otherwise) such as the latex comfort layers you are considering.

If temperature regulation is a big priority then natural fibers such as wool and silk are very good at temperature regulation but wool tends to work in a wider range of temperatures and it’s unlikely that you will find a cover that is quilted with silk batting anyway. Wool also has the additional advantage that it can be used as a fire barrier as well. As far as cover fabrics I would probably look for either cotton or a viscose/rayon fabric (such as rayon made from bamboo) or a blend of both which are both very breathable and wick moisture well. Linen is also a natural fiber that is very good at temperature regulation but it’s much less commonly available. There is more about the pros and cons of thinner knit covers vs quilted covers and quilting materials in post #12 here and more about wool quilting in post #6 here.

Phoenix