Comfort Max 300/400

I am in the market for a new bed and came across the Comfort Max 300 and 400. I am 6’4 330 pounds stomach and side sleeper. I haven’t found reviews for this mattress and was hoping you could tell if this would be a good choice and if not what would be based on my size for a queen bed.

The website I found the comfort max is http://www.absolutecomfortonsale.com/specialty-mattress-bed.htm

Hi richardciep,

Both of the Comfort Max mattresses use Talalay latex in the top comfort layers and 2.4 lb polyfoam in the base layers which are both good quality materials so there are no weak links in the design in terms of the quality and durability of the materials relative to higher weights.

The most important part of a successful mattress purchase though is making sure that a mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) because no matter how durable a mattress or the materials inside it are … if you can’t sleep on it then it would have little value to you. This means that you would either need to test a mattress in person to make sure that it’s a good “match” for you or you would need to have a more detailed conversation on the phone with an online retailer or manufacturer that includes “enough” information about you and the mattresses you have tested or slept on to help them help you make the best possible choice in terms of PPP (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). With an online choice as well … if you aren’t confident that a mattress is a good “match” for you … then the options you have after a purchase to fine tune, exchange, or return a mattress may become a more important part of your personal value equation.

You can see some of the quality guidelines I would suggest using in post #4 here that can help you asses a mattress in terms of durability and make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. Post #3 here and the posts it links to also has more information that would be useful for those in higher weight ranges but they certainly seem to be “weight appropriate” in terms of the quality/durability of the materials.

So overall … they are good quality/value choices but they are also not returnable and don’t have the option to exchange any of the layers so if your sleeping experience indicates that it isn’t as good a match for you in terms of PPP as you hoped it would be … then the options you would have available would be limited to adding a topper (and this would only be effective if the mattress was too firm and needed additional pressure relief) so I would make sure you make some careful comparisons with your other finalists based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix