Comparable mattress to Tempurpedic Contour Elite

I have spent the last few weeks laying on as many mattresses locally that I can. My PPP certainly points to the Tempurpedic Contour Elite and the Contour Supreme is a very close second. If I could find a mattress even close to these for a better price then I would be good to go.

Two I’ve got my eye on are the Novosbed Sonata and the Brooklyn Bedding Symphony. Both of these seem somewhat comparable and both fall into my budget range. I would love to try the Select Foam Regalis but that’s just out of range at this point.

Does anyone else have any other mattresses that might be similiar feel/stats to the Contour Elite/Supreme? I can then speak with the manufacturers to get their opinion on how they think their mattress compares to the Tempurpedic models I am seeking.

Thanks!

Hi RTR,

For reference … the specs of the Contour Elite and the Contour Supreme as far as I know are as follows …

Contour Elite:

Quilt
Easy Refresh Stretch Knit Cover
Smart Climate System, moisture-wicking,
Cool to the touch

Comfort Layers
1.2" Tempur HD 7.1 LB
2.3" Tempur Material 5.3 LB

Support System
Dual Airflow system
4.5" Airflow Base layer 2.0 LB
4.5" Airflow Base layer 2.0 LB

Tempurpedic rates this as medium-firm which would be similar to the Rhapsody.

The specs of the Contour Supreme as far as I know are as follows …

Contour Supreme:

Quilt
Easy Refresh Stretch Knit Cover
Smart Climate System, moisture-wicking,
Cool to the touch

Comfort Layers
1" TEMPUR Comfort layer 5.3LB
2.4" TEMPUR Support layer 5.3LB

Support System
3" Poly foam Base 2.0LB
5.1" Poly foam Base 2.0LB

Tempurpedic rates this as a firm which would be similar to the Signature firmness rating which was also rated as firm although the Canadian site rates the Signature as medium firm.

In both cases the design and layering is slightly different from the previous Rhapsody and the previous Signature.

Since Tempurpedic has introduced their new models I would make sure you have a more detailed conversation with any of the manufacturers you are considering so they can help you compare their mattresses to the new Tempurpedic lineup because they may not have direct comparisons on their site.

Post #9 here has more information about the different ways that one mattress can match another one.

I think you’ve probably seen this but post #12 here includes a list of the better online memory foam manufacturers and retailers that I’m aware of but I don’t know which of them compare to the Contour Elite or Supreme because they are new although some of them have comparisons between their mattresses and the Tempurpedic Rhapsody and the Contour Signature.

They will know better than anyone else how their mattresses compare to the new Tempurpedic lineup.

Phoenix