Comparable product to aireloom vitagenic

My wife and i have been mattress shopping. Our beautyrest is pretty much dead and needs replaced. We looked at a bed at Macys - aireloom vitagenic luxury firm. We liked it alot but not the price tag. Plus, im not a fan of buying from macys because they are generally overpriced. Anyway…i looked for some layering specs on the bed to see if i could find a similar model (no luck). On this site i found links to the green mattress company in IL that has a latex topped mattress (price is right).

However, i would be buyind that unit sight unseen and that bothers me a bit. Looking for some advice on whether i can realistically find a cheaper alternative with good quality here in louisville ky. Or should i just bag that idea and buy something else from a different store.

Hi Elusiv,

The first place I would start your research is post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that will help you make the best possible choices.

Unfortunately it isn’t usually possible to “match” one mattress to another unless they both use exactly the same types of materials and design and this would be very uncommon (there is more about matching mattresses in post #2 here). Every small or large difference between them can have a cumulative effect that either add to each other or in come cases cancel each other out in terms of how the mattresses compare and using specs is not areliable way to compare mattresses (and in most cases the comfort specs of every layer of a mattress aren’t available anyway). In most cases (with a the few exceptions of mattresses that have been specifically designed and tested to approximate another mattress) the only way to compare two mattresses is through side by side testing in real time and this is only by “feel” and won’t identify any differences in the quality, durability, or value of the mattresses.

Aireloom also doesn’t normally disclose all the specs of all the materials in their mattresses which means that it wouldn’t be possible to approximate them other than by “feel” and side by side testing. I would be very cautious as well about purchasing any mattress where you can’t find out the specifics of all the layers because that also makes it impossible to identify any weak links in the mattress in terms of durability or make meaningful quality or value comparisons with other mattresses.

The first post I linked has a link to the list of members here that sell latex mattresses online (including My Green Mattress) which offer a wide range of latex designs that have differing designs and degrees of ability to customize the mattress both before and after a purchase if you make a choice that isn’t ideal for your specific needs and preferences.

There are also other alternatives in the Louisville area that may have better quality/value than Aireloom and the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the area are listed in post #3 here.

The three main parts of finding the ideal mattress is good testing for comfort/pressure relief, good testing for support/alignment, and making sure you know the specifics of all the layers in the mattress so you can identify any weak links in terms of durability and make meaningful quality and value comparisons with other similar mattresses. Once you have these three basics covered then the rest is a matter of deciding which mattress is the best match for your personal value equation which includes all the objective, subjective, and intangible factors in every mattress purchase that are important to you.

Phoenix