comparing dreamfoam ultimate dreams eurotop vs bb bamboo bliss

Hello all. i am trying to figure out which is better out of the two mattresses i mentioned in the subject. i chatted with Jacob from bb and he said they 2.17lb foam and that the ultimate dreams eurotop uses 1.5 lb. he also said that the 1 in of foam on top of the latex has wool in it which is higher quality materilal than what the ultimate dream foam. in general he said the mattress is made of better materials, better quality and better warranty. does anyone know if this is all true.

the regular price of the bb mattress is $1299 but through the end of august they are offering $100 off any purchase of $1299 or more. the ultimate dreams is currently $999 on amazon. is the quality of the bed worth the extra $200.00?

Hi adam s,

Yes … not surprisingly because they are a manufacturer that is more interested in “educating” you and providing their customers with good information instead of just “selling” you … all of this is both true and accurate.

Post #16 here has more information that should help you compare them.

Post #13 here has more about how to assess the “value” of a mattress purchase but based on the quality of the materials the extra cost would certainly be “worth it” yes.

Phoenix

Thanks for the info phoenix. is bb one of the better companies when it comes to quality product at reasonable price, or do you recommend other companies that maybe better than them. also does bb give the 5% member discount?

Hi adam s,

The name of the manufacturer on the label doesn’t make much difference because the type and quality of the materials in a mattress and the criteria that are the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase for you (see post #13 here) are much more important than who makes it.

Having said that … Both Brooklyn Bedding and Dreamfoam (they are sister companies … see post #4 here and post #3 here) are invited members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency.

Yes … as long as they aren’t having a sale that has a bigger discount than the MUG discount (two discounts can’t be stacked together).

Phoenix

Is that $100 off offer still going on? I cannot find it on their web site. Can u post a link or info?

Hi MrM1,

Their current specials are here.

Phoenix

Thanks. After spending a wonderful afternoon chatting with the folks at Fox Mattress and laying on a 2" talalay over 6" foam core bed there, i came home thinking I might just order the ultimate dreams euro top for $999. But with this offer this makes the Bamboo Blitz very very attractive.

So you say the build BB would be worth the up charge from the UD Euro? Is the difference in the material really worth the extra $200 as far as comfort goes … Or is it just gonna last longer?

Also i am having a hard time locating the current exact price on comfort layer swaps from Dreamfoam and BB. I have read here that it might be $75, that seems like dated info. Seems the current price in the terms and conditions section of Dreamfoam is $99 and 45 days. What is BB exchange policy?

Hi MrM1,

Higher quality more durable materials cost more but that has nothing to do with “comfort” or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, or Personal preferences). The very lowest quality materials (that may only last a few months) and the highest quality materials (that can last many years) can feel great or even the same when they are new if the design of a mattress is a good match for you … it’s just that lower quality materials don’t last as long as higher quality materials. When you are looking at mattresses that are made by a good manufacturer then all their mattresses would have a similar margin (although higher budget ranges do tend to have slightly higher margins) so from a “cost of material” point of view any of their mattresses would be in a similar “value” range.

The real question is would the additional cost be “worth it” for you and post #16 here has more information about how they compare that may help you decide.

The Brooklyn Bedding exchange and return policy is here.

The Dreamfoam return policy (for mattresses purchased from the Dreamfoam site only) is at the bottom right corner here.

The cost of the Dreamfoam layer exchange policy as far as I know for their mattresses that have a layer exchange option is in post #7 here. I believe it is for 120 days (you can hover your mouse over the exchangeable comfort link on the same page as their return policy) but I would always check with them to make sure.

Phoenix

So as i read the forums here and look at the material builds of the 2, UD Euro and the BB BB, it is my understanding i would be getting the same 30/70 3" piece of Talalay, and a same or similar quilted bamboo cover. Key differences would be the addition of wool which might make the BB BB a touch more plush and a more durable ( and probably stiffer) core on he BB BB. Is that about it?

After the sale, the BB BB would be Less expensive to swap tops … Correct?

Hi MrM1,

The differences are in post #16 here that I linked in my last reply. The main benefit of the wool would be its effect on temperature regulation (if anything wool tends to be firmer than soft foam but they would be able to tell you more about any difference in the “feel” of each one). The other differences would be the quality/density of the base layer, the cover in the BB Bamboo Bliss can apparently be removed and dry cleaned, and any differences in the return/exchange policies.

Phoenix