Comparing ...

Hi AllAmericanAmy,

Thanks for the updates … and I’ll make a few calls in the next few days so that I can update the Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo/Portage lists. Your experiences at Chirobed and at Jonathan Stevens sound rather strange go me and hopefully they are an anomaly.

The 1.8 lb density foam normally wouldn’t be a weak link in a mattress and having only an inch of lower quality or “unknown” foam also wouldn’t normally be an issue but convoluted foam is less durable than solid non convoluted layers in the same density (see post #2 here) so this would be the equivalent of a lower density foam which means that this mattress would be “on the edge” (and probably on the wrong side of the edge) in terms of durability … particularly for those that are in a little bit higher weight ranges.

All of the Buis mattresses use good quality materials and there aren’t any lower quality materials or weak links in any of them that would be any cause for concern in terms of durability. They would all make more durable choices than the Denver Mattress Doctor’s Choice Plush IMO. As you know they are also one of the members here which means that I think very highly of them (and Marc the owner) and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

Phoenix