Considering #BestMattressEver to combat 'bottoming out'.

Hello all!
I need a post to gain ‘member’ status so I thought I might as well garner opinions and acknowledgements that I’m reading the right thing! :).

I purchased a king Leesa mattress not long ago and, while I really like how the mattress “feels”, I feel like I’m bottoming out in the lower back area when I’m sleeping on my back. From what I’ve managed to read from the many, many informative posts here the foam density & quality might not be the best fit for a man of my ‘caliber’ (330+). I’m going to give it a little longer for possible body adjustment before making any major moves, but what I’m reading here seems to indicate that the Brooklyn Bedding #BestMattressEver has higher density and quality foam that may prevent that ‘bottoming out’ feeling as well as alleviating durability concerns with the Leesa memory foam layer. It’s also in a comparable price range with a similar great return policy, so win-win.

My (much smaller) wife absolutely loves the Leesa, for the record. I’m giving it a little more adjust time for that point alone :).

Thanks!

Hi travisccook,

While I don’t think that you would have been actually “bottoming out” on the Leesa (it wouldn’t be compressed as much as it’s capable of compressing) … it wouldn’t be surprising at all that a mattress that was suitable for a large percentage of people would be too soft to keep you in good alignment with your higher body weight.

When you are in higher weight ranges then it would be more likely that you will need firmer materials than average, possibly a thicker mattress (depending on the specifics of the mattress), and you would need to put a greater emphasis on more durable materials as well. Post #3 here also has more information that would be helpful for those with larger or heavier body types.

You can also see my comments about the Leesa compared to some of the other “simplified choice” mattresses in post #3 here and relative to higher weight ranges in post #3 here.

In your weight range a firmer mattress that also uses higher quality and more durable materials (such as the materials in the #BestMattressEver) would certainly make a better choice IMO.

Phoenix

Many thanks for your insight!