Considering buying the Ultimate Dreams 13" Gel Memory Foam Mattress

I am considering buying the Ultimate Dreams 13" Gel Memory Foam Mattress for my wife and I. We have never had a memory foam mattress and really like the Tempurpedic Cloud Lux bed when we tried it in the store. The price tag for the Tempurpedic was a little too high for us, so we wanted a less expensive alternative.

Does anyone know if the comparison of the Ultimate Dreams 13" Gel Memory Foam Mattress to the Cloud Lux is accurate? If it is comparable in its softness I would love to order this bed.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi snyde255,

While the “feel” and the softness/firmness level of a mattress is somewhat subjective and relative and can vary from person to person (and memory foam can also vary based on the temperature and humidity of the surroundings) … Dreamfoam itself and most of the forum feedback has indicated that the softness of the 13" gel memory foam is similar to the Tempurpedic Luxe except perhaps a little firmer although the “feel” (which is not the same thing as softness/firmness) would be different because they use different types of memory foam. Some of the most recent initial feedback is here and post #2 here has a number of links with more feedback as well and a forum search on Ultimate Dreams 13 gel memory foam (you can just click this) will bring up more as well.

Phoenix

Thank you for the info. It was very helpful.

the gel memory foam feels a lot different in my personal opinion than the tempurpedic top foam - some people might like it better some do not- it does sleep a bit cooler but it is not quite as body hugging … After a week on the dream foam I have to say that I like the feel of the dreamfoam 4lb mattress topper I bought on amazon better as a surface layer than the gel foam on the 13 inch gel - but that is a very personal and subjective feeling.
I think the dream foam is a solid choice- better than anything I found in the 1000-2000 price class at the stores but test out some mattresses with gel foam in the top layers and see how you like it in comparison to regular memory foam.
My husband is in love with the dreamfoam. He likes it better than the cloud luxe we slept on in a vacation home this year because it sleeps cooler and he likes the fast response and not quite so body hugging foam - I prefer the cloud ( I think it gives me more neck support) and the closest I can get for now as far as comfort goes is that dreamfoam 4lb memory foam topper on a cheap twin memory foam kids bed ( go figure!).