Contemplating a used Habitat Furnishing latex mattress....

Hi Forum!

I know that HF is not typically the best quality for price, but I am considering a “lightly used” mattress for my daughter. Here’s their site:
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: habitatfurnishings.com/latex_mattress.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw0MW9BRDxtYTn2_S699MBEiQAw33y47LFA61qA97zvES3ehGvCQHxLntb9vEsukqnw5ZUoKgaAkkD8P8HAQ#8inchmatt

Anything I should consider specific to this brand? Besides the usual risks of buying a pre-owned mattress…Thank you in advance!

Hi buttercupbetty,

There is more information about buying a used mattress in post #2 here that may be helpful.

There are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress. I’m not sure how old your daughter is or whether she is old enough to test the mattress or whether she will have the chance to test the mattress in person before you buy it because outside of the normal risks of buying a used mattress which is always a “buyer beware” purchase … the biggest risk is that it may not be a good match for her in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) and that she won’t sleep well on it in which case you may need to add a topper (if its too firm) or resell the mattress once again.

Phoenix

Thank you, Phoenix!