COOL GEL mattress cover aftermarket- where to get and does it last?

I am just going out this week and going to make a final decision. 97% going with latex by one of your members. BTW, they have all been so helpful, some more than others.

One thing that I’m still kicking around is that lovely feeling cool gel top of some mattresses I’ve tried in stores. It’s a real selling point for me and a few friends - we think. So if you or anyone has any info, I have the following questions?

Would your body still have that cool feeling after you add a mattress protector? And then Sheets? How long will it last?

And, does anyone know if you can buy a cover like that to add or replace to my new purchase? If so, please tell us where. TIA

Hi Harriett,

You can read a little more about gel foams in post #2 here. How long ther cooling effect lasts will depend on the percentage of gel in the material but for the most part they will have a temporary effect when you are first going to sleep at night but not over the whole course of the night.

They will still have some effect with a mattress protector and your sheets and bedding but the effect will be reduced with thicker protectors and/or sheets.

The better sources for mattress covers I’m aware of are listed in the component post here but I don’t know of any that include gel or phase change materials that are available separately.

Phoenix