Coolest sheets?

[quote=“budgy” post=14063]Out of these options and realistically the coolest in general are good quality Linen sheets made from flax. The best linen comes from Northern France and Belgium (could be woven elsewhere) and you want the good quality long line fibre which unfortunately drives up the cost considerably as it takes longer to grow and basically renders the farm useless for other crops for that year.

Just bear in mind that if you go with Linen you really need to break it in, but the cost could be well worth it as they are also much more durable than any other vegetable fibre, they last a long time.

Out of these sheet options:
Bamboo very soft - not really so durable. Breathability comparable to cotton.
Egyptian Cotton - the real deal will be very soft and expensive, phony Egpytian cotton sheet sets sell cheap all the time, just keep in mind that less than 0.25% of the worlds cotton supply is genuine egyptian cotton and yet you see it everywhere, price usually does tell you what you get. Single ply sheets will be more breathable than 2 or 3 ply, so typically you do not want to go above 300 thread count if you want a cool sheet.
Linen - highest upfront cost, thermally far superior, most durable. will become pleasantly soft in time - studied by Cambridge university to be the most appropriate material for bed sheets.[/quote]

Hi Budgy,

I am also in the market for getting some new sheets for my new King size mattress that will arrive on 03/08. I want the best sheets that is available. I am curious about your opinion on the 100% Belgian linen sheets from Libeco. I want to purchase over the weekend.

Additionally there is a post that talks about the 100% Belgian linen sheets from Libeco (See below).

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/sheets