Cooling mattress cover/sheet whatever for Tempurpedic?

I am going to try the Cloud Supreme from Costco, I have tried many mattresses from many places. I am expecting it to make me sweat a little, what can I get to cover it that wont interfere with the foam function that will cool me down? Limit the heat transfer?

Thanks

Hi libertas,

I would keep in mind that memory foam in general will tend to sleep warmer for some people than other types of more breathable foam materials such as polyfoam or latex in the upper layers of a mattress.

While it’s not always possible to to track down temperature regulation issues for any particular person on a specific mattress because there are so many variables involved (including your room temperature and humidity, your sheets and bedding and bedclothes, your mattress protector or any mattress pads you are using, and where you are in the “oven to iceberg” range) and some people can sleep warmer on mattresses that most people are generally fine with … there is more about tracking down a potential cause or causes for temperature regulation issues (at least to the degree possible for a specific mattress) in post #2 here and the posts it links to that may be helpful.

Two of the options that would have the least possible effect on the “feel” of the mattress that would be worth considering are …

1. A more breathable type of mattress protector that doesn’t have a semi breathable waterproof membrane and is less waterproof or water resistant would allow for more airflow and wick and store moisture and humidity more effectively can help with temperature regulation . There is more about the pros and cons of different types of mattress protectors and some examples of each of them in post #89 here.

2. Sheets that are made from natural fibers such as cotton, silk, or flax linen or from different types of rayon/viscose (such as rayon from bamboo) that are also more breathable and are good at wicking and storing moisture can also help with temperature regulation as well (flax linen in particular). There is some good information about sheets in post #7 here and the other posts and sources of information it links to that may be helpful.

Phoenix

Appreciate all the input, was hoping for a name of a product i could just go and buy like at Amazon

Hi libertas,

While I can certainly help with “how” to choose and help you with the pros and cons of different choices … I don’t have any specific recommendations because a product that works well for one person on a specific mattress may not work nearly as well for someone else on a different mattress because of all the many variables involved but the type of product and the properties of the materials it uses are much more important than the name of the manufacturer that makes it anyway.

Having said that … there are a number of specific products that are mentioned in the links for mattress protectors and sheets.

Phoenix