Costco Natura Unique Queen Latex

Costco is selling a Natura Unique Queen Latex mattress for $1230 (no boxspring). Is this a good deal?

Features:
15.2 cm (6 in.) plant-based foam core

Quilt:
Tencel ® ticking is soft, extremely eco-friendly and prevents bacterial growth
1.1 kg (2.3 lb.) pure NaturaWool™ fibers
Natural cotton fire barrier
2.5 cm (1 in.) plant-based quilt foam

Topper:
5.1 cm (2 in.) Talalay latex – medium
5.1 cm (2 in.) Talalay latex – medium

If it’s not a good deal, what would be a good Latex mattress alternative around the $1200 price point?

Thanks

Hi sailorboys,

I would want to know the density of the 6" polyfoam base layer but if it’s a suitable density (which it most likely is) then there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress in terms of durability.

The “value” of a mattress purchase is always relative to the other “finalists” you are considering that are available in your area or online and depends on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

You can also see my thoughts about buying from Costco in post #4 here and there is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons to other mattresses.

If you let me know your city or postal code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area and some of the better online retailers and manufacturers I’m aware of that ship across Canada are listed in post #21 here that you can use as reference points to make some good “value” comparisons.

Some of the better lower budget latex and latex hybrid options I’m aware of are also listed in posts #3 and #4 here and several of these are available in Canada as well.

Phoenix