Costco's Sleep Science 10" King Memory Foam Mattress Sale

Just saw this on one of the deal sites. Costco’s Sleep Science 10" King Memory Foam Mattress is on sale for $599.99, free shipping and handling, + tax, from 8/5 through 9/1.

Their return policy:
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.

How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.

Hi BobP,

I would be very cautious with this mattress. The guidelines I would suggest for memory foam mattresses are listed in post #10 here and the Sleep Science Emma uses 3" of 3 lb memory foam (and 2" of 1.5 lb polyfoam under that) which are both low quality less durable materials and Sleep Science is manufactured in China and isn’t CertiPur certified which means that it doesn’t meet two of the criteria that I would personally consider to be the minimum standards for a memory foam mattress (one for the quality of the foam and one for some reasonable assurance of its safety).

Post #6 here would also be worth reading for any mattress that is manufactured in China.

Phoenix

Phoenix,
I agree. I would stay clear of any mattress that uses <5 lb pu foam. Costco’s website does not list the foam density specs. Where did you find those specs? Your Sleep Science Emma link is dead. Their website’s Our Brands tab is dead.

BobP

Hi BobP,

What a difference a day makes. The link was working yesterday and the specs were listed on their site. They’ve been mentioned in a few other posts around the forum as well so if the link doesn’t come back up at least the specs are available for reference.

Phoenix

Replacing your bed mattress is obviously a stressful proposition. A vast an important part of why is a popular the first is extremely personal, even though together with countless models to select from: One person’s luxury may be a second person’s low back pain waiting to occur. Consider an a feeling-filled vinyl or rubber chamber crazysales bed mattress, this includes a remote that allows you to to control the quantity air is inside. Many have two side-by-side chambers, which permit your bed mattress firmness to be customized individually for the both of you. The top surface resembles an inner springs: quilted fiberfill or foam.