CozyPure Stretch Knit Mattress Protector Alternative

Can anyone help me find a more budget version of this 100% cotton, stretch knit mattress cover? I don’t want it waterproof, I dont need organic cotton, I just want a thick layer like this that will absorb body oils but stretch so it doesn’t change the feel of my mattress. I have 2 Twin XLs so $300 just doesn’t work for me. I need to find a more realistically priced model or one that offers split king.

Hi JenovaImproved:

There is a listing on the forum here were Phoenix has listed quite a few of the better mattress cover suppliers. Here is the link. You have to scroll down to the bottom of post #4 and it is listed under the heading FOR MATTRESS or TOPPER COVERS. There are links there so you’ll be able to take a look at the web sites to see if there’s anything that you like.

In case what you meant was a mattress protector (I know, the wording the industry uses is confusing :slight_smile: ), there is a list of good suppliers for those in post #89 here.

I hope that is helpful to you!

Jeff Scheuer
Mattress To Go

I’ve reviewed both of those sources of information again.

Unfortunately, the mattress covers are all more expensive and would be more of a pain to wash (my mattress has a cover, I dont need another).

Every 100% cotton non water proof protector listed on post #89 is organic super rare virgin fair trade bullsh!t cotton… and therefore extremely expensive. I’m looking for a more budget model of one of these if anyone has found it.

Hi JenovaImproved,

Not being a linen site, most of what I have listed here is what is supplied by mattress manufacturers for use with either their mattresses or their component systems. In the industry, from what I’ve learned, the type of product you originally referenced is an expensive style of weave with depth, and I’m personally not aware of that style of product being made in a budget model. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. American Hotel Register has a wide variety of top-of-bed products that are affordable – you could do some searching there.

There is also a cover from Berkeley Ergonomics here, but there is no pricing listed.

There are many site members who do desire “more natural” products or items with GOTS certification and the like, so please be respectful of their opinions and mindful of the rules of the forum.

Good luck in your search. If you’re successful in finding something that you like, please let us know.

Phoenix

JenovaImproved - have you considered just putting a nice piece of fabric on top of the mattress, instead of getting a fitted mattress protector? If you use a fitted sheet, that should hold it in place. A twin XL would only need about a yard of fabric, and three yards would be more than enough to wrap around the sides of both matttresses. There are plenty of sellers on etsy, ebay, and other places that will sell you two or three yards of stretchy knit fabric for only $8-$15 or so. You can even get some really nice double-knit organic super rare virgin fair trade bullsh!t cotton for $18 a yard from diynaturalbedding.
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: Organic Double Knit Cotton Fabric

I’m actually looking through options like that right now, there’s not much sewing needed for a fitted top sheet style cover. I’m mainly looking for thick enough to prevent oils and sweat to seep through. Are any of those thick enough like this cozypure cover? I’ll look through them thanks for the sites.

I have some pillowcases made from that same fabric I linked to at diynaturalbedding, and it’s also used for their ticking. It’s great.

If you had to compare that fabric to like a jersey knit sheet set, how thick is it? 2x as thick?

I’m not sure how to compare it to a jersey knit sheet set. It’s probably about twice as thick as a regular t-shirt.

Hi there,

Check out the natural mattress pad from Gotcha Covered. Its 100% natural cotton and reasonably priced.

Hi JenovaImproved,

I’d be interested to learn if you do decide to create your own cover from the material at diynaturalbedding, and the result of such.
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: Organic Double Knit Cotton Fabric

Hi mr-ben,

Thank you for your suggestions to JenovaImproved. Your idea sounds like a nice solution for a DIY’er looking to keep things reasonable in price.

Phoenix

I just ordered 3 yards of the material at diynaturalbedding. Unfortunately it’s not wide enough to make a fitted sheet, being 90" with 15% shrinkage, but I will be making two twin xl sized rectangles out of it, attaching elastic loops on the corners and using them like a wool mattress pad is used. I’m hoping the material is thick enough that any body oils are absorbed by it and don’t reach the actual mattress cover.