Cozypure vs mattresses.net

I am looking for an organic latex mattress for my child, hopefully to use from preschool to college. After reading this site, I narrowed down my choice to 2 companies/mattresses: cozy pure (twin organic latex mattress 7") and mattresses.net (twin organic latex mattress, I think it is 7" as well). They seem pretty similar to me, but maybe there are some features/details I am not considering that would make one preferable to the other ? I was also considering the essentia/bionda twin mattress, but this site made me change my mind. I’d appreciate any help in making my final decision, I cannot assess any of these mattresses in person so it will have to be an online order. Thanks, Paola

Hi paola.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

The two 7" mattresses you are considering for your child have many similarities and the price is technically the same. At this point it is a matter of preference and a choice between “good and good” rather than a “better/worse” choice. Once you are down to “good vs good” then which one is “best” for you would depend on all the objective, subjective, and even intangible criteria of your personal value equation that were most important to you. If there are no clear winners between them then you are in the fortunate position that any of them would likely be a suitable choice and post #2 here can help you make a final choice between them based on a more detailed conversations and interactions with each of them and your confidence about the suitability of each one.

Here are some differences and similarities between the two mattresses:
CozyPure’s 7’ Organic Comfort Mattress has a 5 zone organic Dunlop latex core (which is not necessarily a feature I would zoom in for a growing child unless there is a special need) The basic mattress comes as a Medium Firm comfort level which is what is usually recommended for a growing child. (Babies and infants will generally need a firm to extra firm sleeping surface while toddlers will generally need a medium firm to firm sleeping surface and older children that have transitioned to a larger mattress will generally do best on a medium to medium firm sleeping surface.) Arizona’s Twin Organic Latex Dunlop latex core is not zoned but it has 3 comfort choices (S / M / F). Cozy’s mattress can be flipped for a slighter firmer feel with bottom side up where the cover has a tighter quilting. Should your child desire more plushness a little later (when in college :)) both mattresses have after purchase customization options. Cozy’s has four more levels of adding incremental plushness comfort adjustments “add ons”. Arizona can accommodate this need as well with extra layers or topper.

The cotton and wool combination that both mattresses have would be breathable, suitable, and a good choice for a child. Wool does a great job of regulating humidity, can hold more moisture and humidity without feeling damp, is more resilient and generally “packs down” less, and is a great temperature regulator. While both mattresses have a zippered cover can be easily removed for spot cleaning in case of accidents I would recommend using a waterproof mattress protector to protect the mattress.

As you are aware, both Cozy Pure and Arizona Premium (Mattresses.net) are trusted members of our site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. They are extremely knowledgeable about latex, organic options, and different configurations.

I would be interested to hear back from you to learn what you’ve decided and I or any other Expert Member of the site would be glad assist you with any further questions that you may have.

Phoenix