Criteria for Latex Mattress Topper

I’ve looked at some of the conversations around latex mattress toppers and I came away confused. Are there some clear guidelines -

1. For a too-firm mattress, choose a latex mattress topper of:
    Density
    ???

My mattress is too firm, I’m sleepless in California and want to get a latex topper to compensate for my earlier mistake. What do I need to look for? I’m short, weight proportionate, and have cervical and back problems from an auto accident and fall…but other than that, I"m just swell!!

Thanks. Will I be supporting this forum if I buy a mattress topper from one of your vendors?

Hi sucoast,

While choosing a topper that is the best match for both you and the mattress you are using it on (different mattresses can have a significant effect how a topper feels) can be tricky because there are so many unknowns and variables involved … post #2 here and the topper guidelines that it links to can help you use your own experience as a reference point for choosing a topper that has the best chance of success and also includes a link to the better topper sources I’m aware of.

In most cases … the members of the site only provide a discount and a referral fee on “mattress only” purchases and some of the topper sources that are listed aren’t members here at all so I would focus on making the best choice for you regardless of any other factors … although I do appreciate the thought :slight_smile:

Phoenix