Cross Country Purchase

Hi,

I travel a lot for business. I have a lot of down time when I’m away, and not much when I’m home.

What’s the best way to shop for a mattress where I’m working, say in Jackson, Mississippi and have it delivered to my home in Peoria, Arizona? I also want to assure that the mattress I try out here is the same model that is shipped to my home.

Thanks for any help.

Tony

Hi abuscare,

You would really have three options.

The first would be to shop for the mattress in Jackson, MS and then have them ship it to you in Peoria which of course can add significantly to the cost because of the expense of shipping.

The second would be to choose a mattress that is available in both areas so you could test the mattress in Jackson but have it delivered from Peoria. Of course this would limit your choices to national manufacturers that have the same mattresses available across the country or in both areas which would limit the number of options you have to choose a good quality/value mattress (regional or local manufacturers are usually … but not always … better quality and value).

Finally you could also consider an online purchase and use your local testing as a reference point for a “similar” mattress but may not be the same in terms of PPP (you can see the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here). This would involve more detailed conversations on the phone where you can provide more information about your body type and sleeping positions, your preferences, your history with different mattresses, and the mattresses you have tested and liked (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). If you choose an online mattress that either uses a national brand as a reference point for comparison (they will usually say which mattress they use as a reference) or a component mattress where you can rearrange or exchange layers and fine tune the mattress after a purchase then the risk of an online purchase would be lower. Many online retailers or manufacturers also have a good exchange or return policy which can also lower the risk of a mattress purchase that you haven’t tested in person before buying it.

Phoenix

Just getting back to the site. Thanks for suggestions.

Tony

Hi abuscare,

I should have mentioned that the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Jackson, MS area are listed in post #2 here.

If it’s at all possible … I would probably make your purchase closer to home because 3 of the members of this site that normally sell online and which all offer great quality/value mattresses are based in the Phoenix area and for those that are fortunate to live nearby they would have the option of testing their mattresses in person instead of ordering them online. Phoenix is one of the best places in the country to buy a high quality/value mattress. They are all included in post #4 here for the Phoenix area.

Phoenix