Crunch time! Opinions and thoughts on Jamison welcome

A little history and basics - I have owned a Jamison (innerspring) VitaPedic. It was a very good mattress and held up well. As I aged, it began to feel too firm so I softened with a foam topper. That helped however I did find that I sometimes got too warm and sometimes still had some aches. I am a side and back sleeper.

Currently shopping for a new mattress. Through the research, close personal experiences, and testing mattresses, I believe it is time to break away from the innerspring and go with a foam mattress. I am torn between the memory foam and latex foam mattresses. I am a little worried about getting too warm with memory foam. Especially since this is the mattress that I will like go through “the change” with.

Anyway, there is a furniture store in my region that is selling out their current line of Jamison mattresses and is having a Great sale on them. But, I have to act Fast! So no more time for research. No more time for shopping around.
I can get the queen memory foam for about 1000 Pacifica
Or I can get a latex foam with hotel foam core for about 1000-1100 (2 sides one firm one plush) Leafwing
Or I can get an all latex for about 1300 (also 2 sides one firm one plush) Monarch

As for how they “feel” to me. The two latex feel about the same. You do feel more “on top of” as opposed to being “in” like the memory foam. For that reason the memory foam is tempting.

All of these are in my price range. Any advice or thoughts on these?

Hi Fluff,

The choice between different materials and components is always more of a preference choice than a “better/worse” choice (whether this is between innerspring or polyfoam support cores or between memory foam or latex comfort layers). There is more about the pros and cons of latex vs memory foam in post #2 here and there is also more about the many variables that can affect temperature regulation in post #2 here that may be helpful in deciding between them.

[quote]I can get the queen memory foam for about 1000 Pacifica
Or I can get a latex foam with hotel foam core for about 1000-1100 (2 sides one firm one plush) Leafwing
Or I can get an all latex for about 1300 (also 2 sides one firm one plush) Monarch[/quote]

These are all very different mattresses. The Pacifica is a memory foam mattress (memory foam comfort layers and a polyfoam support core), the Leafwing is a latex/polyfoam hybrid (with latex comfort layers and a polyfoam support core) and the Monarch is an all latex mattress (with latex comfort layers and a latex support core).

All of these use good quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in any of them.

The first thing I would suggest is narrowing down your choices by deciding whether you would prefer sleeping on latex or sleeping on memory foam.

If you decide you prefer latex then there is more about the differences between a latex/polyfoam hybrid and an all latex mattress in post #2 here.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between them and and help you decide on which one would be your best choice based on all the criteria that are most important to you.

Phoenix