Decided on Latex, now deciding on brand.

I am a side/ stomach sleeper with major pain when I wake every morning from my current spring mattress. I have decided to move to Latex but am on a budget.

Can you tell me the difference between the: Classic Brands 11" Eden Latex Mattress and Ultimate Dreams Queen Eurotop Latex Mattress

Classic is 8" foam base and 3" plush talalay latex, and I’m not quite sure the others breakdown but it is 12" compared to the 11" of the other.

Hi Jrose420,

There is a little more information about the Classic Brands Eden Latex mattress in post #2 here and as you can see I would need more information about the materials in the mattress to be able to make any meaningful comments about it.

I would suspect that the latex is blended Dunlop made in a mold which is generally a lower quality/performance and less costly version of latex. There is also some uncertainty and some additional risk with any mattress that is shipped compressed from China (see post #6 here). The latex in the Ultimate Dreams is blended Talalay which is generally a higher quality and more durable version of latex. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here.

They also only have a single firmness choice (based on feedback it seems to be in a firmer range for most people) so there are no options to customize the firmness like there would be with the Ultimate Dreams which can be customized for each person. I would also make sure you are comfortable with the options you have after a purchase to return the mattress (and any costs involved) if it turns out that it’s not a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

The first step in making any meaningful comparisons though would be to find out the specifics of the materials inside the mattress. The 1" difference in height is meaningless because the type and quality of the materials in a mattress are always more important than the total thickness of the mattress.

Phoenix