Deciding between Sleep EZ and PlushBeds

It seems like this forum has a lot of reviews on the Sleep EZ beds, but limited on the PlushBeds line…what would a Botanical Bliss 8" be equivalent to on the Sleep EZ line? the 9,000? 10,000? And would you recommend one over the other?

Hi kobec,

The closest equivalent to the Plushbeds Botanical Bliss 8" would be somewhere in between the SleepEz natural 9000 (which uses your choice of 100% natural Dunlop or blended Talalay in all three layers) and the Organic 9000 which uses your choice of organic Dunlop or 100% natural Talalay in all three layers. In either case with the 9000 you have your choice of 4 firmness levels in all three layers and any of them can be re-arranged or exchanged. Both are 6" + 2" designs.

In terms of the cost of the latex from a raw materials point of view … 100% natural Dunlop or blended Talalay are roughly equivalent and 100% natural Talalay or organic Dunlop are also roughly equivalent to each other and both are a little more costly. The Plushbeds uses a support core layer that would be one of the options in the natural 9000 (100% natural Dunlop) and a top 2" comfort layer that would be one of the options in the organic 9000 (100% natural Talalay). They would have a similar cover and the SleepEz has more options for adjusting comfort and support because there are three layers that can be re-arranged or exchanged not just two.

Both are certainly good quality mattresses.

Once you have eliminated the worst options and are down to choices between “good and good” I leave final choices up to the members (see post #2 here) but SleepEz has slightly better options for customizing (before and after a purchase) and a lower cost which may play a role and SleepEz is also a member here which means you are entitled to a further 5% discount off the cost of the mattress.

Hope that helps.

Phoenix

Kobec, which mattress did you go with and why? I am hoping to choose between Sleep Ez and Plushbeds this week. I think my main remaining question is if Sleep Ez glues the layers of their Talalay. I read that many companies do and the owner may feel the seams.
Thank you for any advice.
Johnna

[quote=“yannayoga” post=35270]Kobec, which mattress did you go with and why? I am hoping to choose between Sleep Ez and Plushbeds this week. I think my main remaining question is if Sleep Ez glues the layers of their Talalay. I read that many companies do and the owner may feel the seams.
Thank you for any advice.
Johnna[/quote]

SleepEZ does NOT glue their layers together. They may, you will have to ask, have to attach a bottom section to each layer when making a California King because they are a little longer. In any case that section would be at your feet so you wouldn’t notice it anyways.

I have a SleepEZ mattress (10k).

Hi yannayoga,

If you mean whether individual latex layers are glued then Talalay latex will usually have glue seams in the larger sizes but you won’t feel them (see post #2 here). These are generally done by the manufacturer of the latex or a fabricator rather than the mattress manufacturer.

If you mean whether they glue the layers together then no because this would defeat some of the benefits of a component mattress with a zip cover because you wouldn’t be able to replace or exchange individual layers (see post #2 here).

If you mean whether they glue each side of a “side by side” split construction together or whether you would feel the split then as long as the cover and/or design is suitable for a split construction then no you wouldn’t feel the split itself although you would feel any differences in firmness on each side of the mattress (see post #2 here).

Phoenix