Deciding for a memory foam mattress/latex mattress

Hi Adeline,

There is more detailed information about this in the comments and link I provided in my first reply about choosing a mattress relative to higher body weights but the short version is that higher density memory foam will tend to be more durable than lower density memory foam and with higher body weights I would tend to reduce or minimize the use of memory foam that is less than 5 lb density in the upper layers of a mattress (above the polyfoam).

Density is the single biggest factor in the durability of a foam layer (although there are other factors involved in durability as well including the firmness of the mattress and the position of any lower density layers in the mattress) but in very general terms higher density memory foam or polyfoam will be more durable than lower density versions of the same material.

There is also more detailed information about the many variables that can affect the durability and useful life of a mattress relative to different body weights and circumstances in post #4 here.

Phoenix