Decisions decisions: Any longtime users of DreamFoam/Ultimate Dreams Latex Mattress out there?

First time poster, frequent lurker here! :slight_smile:

On my extensive month long search for a new mattress this website has been extremely helpful and I think I’ve narrowed down my choices and am 75% sold on the DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams Latex Mattress and was wondering if there were any users of this mattress for 1 or more years that could give me some feedback on how it’s held up? If you could also include what comfort level you chose, that would be super helpful!

Also just throwing it out there, the other option I’m sort of considering is the Sleep Science 11" cool retreat http://www.costco.com/Sleep-Science-Cool-Retreat-11"-Gel-Full-Mattress.product.100055826.html that features 2x 2" layers of 4lb foam (thanks for educating me that this is the minimum i should look at!). Know users of this site aren’t fans of Costco mattresses, but that return policy is just so sweet!

For reference, I’m 5’5, 140lbs, side sleeper w/ pretty terrible back and hip pain.

Hi teaelleyou,

You probably already know that I think highly of Dreamfoam in terms of their quality, value, and service and hopefully some of the members here will see your post and respond. In terms of durability, a latex comfort layer is the most durable of all the foam materials and in your weight range especially the Ultimate Dreams would make a very durable choice.

This would be very much of an “apples to oranges” comparison with a latex hybrid mattress. 4 lb memory foam (or even 5 lb memory foam) would also be less durable than the blended Talalay latex in the Ultimate Dreams. Of course the choice of materials is a personal preference and post #2 here has more about memory foam vs latex although your own personal experience is really the best way to know which material you prefer.

There is more about Sleep Science in post #2 here and the posts it links to and more about the Sleep Science 11" Cool Retreat in post #2 here. You’ve probably read this already but in case you haven’t you can also read my thoughts about buying from Costco in post #4 here.

Phoenix

Oh thanks Phoenix! Your input is very helpful!