Denver Mattress, latex models

I’m trying to find a new mattress locally in Colorado Springs. I was looking at the Denver Mattress company. Their website shows a latex models that I’d like to go and try out. I was hoping you could give me your thoughts on the specs of it.

Construction
Foam Topper
3" 14 ILD 100% Natural HeveaPUR™
Quilt Layers:
Stretch Knit Ticking
2" 24 ILD 100% Natural HeveaPUR™
1" 1.35lb Density EF Foam
Natural Rayon Fire Barrier
Support System:
4" 32 ILD 100% Natural HeveaPUR™ Core
3" 1.8lb High Resilient EF Foam

I previously tried another line they have called Green Choice. it was quite comfy but just don’t know a lot about memory foam to tell if it’s a decent quality.I’m just starting my search for a decent mattress. I’m open to latex and memory foam options.

Construction
Quilt Layers:
Double Jacquard Zip Outer Cover
Comfort Layers:
2.5" of 3lb ViscoElas™ Memory Foam
Support System:
5.5" ES HybridCore™
1" of 2lb ES Support Foam

ADMIN NOTE: Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint 1: 404 | Denver Mattress | Archived Footprint 2: 404 | Denver Mattress

Any thought would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Hi nanij21,

[quote]I’m trying to find a new mattress locally in Colorado Springs. I was looking at the Denver Mattress company. Their website shows a latex models that I’d like to go and try out. I was hoping you could give me your thoughts on the specs of it.

Construction
Foam Topper
3" 14 ILD 100% Natural HeveaPUR™
Quilt Layers:
Stretch Knit Ticking
2" 24 ILD 100% Natural HeveaPUR™
1" 1.35lb Density EF Foam
Natural Rayon Fire Barrier
Support System:
4" 32 ILD 100% Natural HeveaPUR™ Core
3" 1.8lb High Resilient EF Foam[/quote]

There is also more about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase to fine tune the mattress or the exchange return options that are available to you).

While I can’t speak to how any mattress will “feel” for someone else because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances … outside of PPP the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability which is all about how long you will sleep well on a mattress. This is the part of your research that you can’t “feel” and assessing the durability and useful life of a mattress depends on knowing the specifics of its construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label (or how a mattress feels in a showroom or when it is relatively new).

The only lower quality materials in the iChoice HeveaPUR is the 1" 1.35lb Density EF Foam and since it’s only 1" and is also deeper in the mattress the specs would meet the quality/durability guidelines here and there would be no obvious weak links in the mattress in terms of the durability and useful life of the mattress and if you have confirmed that it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP and it also compares well to your other finalists based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are important to you then it would certainly be worth considering.

[quote]I previously tried another line they have called Green Choice. it was quite comfy but just don’t know a lot about memory foam to tell if it’s a decent quality.I’m just starting my search for a decent mattress. I’m open to latex and memory foam options.

Construction
Quilt Layers:
Double Jacquard Zip Outer Cover
Comfort Layers:
2.5" of 3lb ViscoElas™ Memory Foam
Support System:
5.5" ES HybridCore™
1" of 2lb ES Support Foam[/quote]

You can see some comments about the Green Choice mattresses in posts #9 and #13 here and the rest of the topic. Unfortunately they use lower quality/density 3 lb memory foams which would generally be a significant weak link in the mattress in terms of durability and I would avoid them.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around Colorado Springs (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the “value” guidelines I linked earlier in this reply) along with a link to the Denver list as well are listed in post #3 here.

Phoenix