Diamond Mattress Co, Ethos Natural Peace Collection

Is there anything Phoenix or anyone else can tell me about the Diamond Mattress Co, and the Ethos Natural Peace Collection in particular? http://www.diamondmattress.com/Ethos/Beds/Mattress/Natural/Peace.aspx

I am searching for bed(s) for a vacation home so I don’t want to spend a lot but I do want latex because of serious back problems.
This is described as layers of Talalay latex with Eco-Flex plant based support system. The Diamond web site does not give specific information about how many layers of Talalay or what this Eco-Flex plant based support system is. I guess the latter is the core and I wonder if it would be a mistake to buy a mattress without latex core. The advantage of this choice is that I can buy it from a local store where the vacation home is located so I can try it—but I am not there now. Or am I better off going with one of The Mattress Underground online recommended options? Would appreciate any feedback.

Hi scg,

You can read some of my thoughts about Diamond Mattress in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

With the Ethos Peace you would need to know the specifics of the other layers in the mattress besides the 2" layer of latex to identify any potential weak links in the mattress or make meaningful comparisons to other mattresses. Hopefully the retailer will be able to call Diamond and find this out for you. If you are able to find out the information and list the layers on the forum (from top to bottom) then I’d be happy to make a few more specific comments about the Peace. Ecoflex is polyfoam that has replaced a small percentage of the petrochemical polyol (one of the two main chemicals used to make polyfoam) with a polyol that is synthesized from a plant oil. there is more about so called “plant based” foam in post #2 here.

Post #2 here has more about the pros and cons of a latex/polyfoam hybrid vs an all latex mattress

This would really depend on the specifics of the mattress (once you’ve been able to find out what is inside it) and how it compared to the other online options you have available and the criteria of your personal value equation that are most important to you along with your comfort level with an online purchase. The first step though would be to find out the thickness and the quality/density of all the polyfoam layers that are inside the Peace so you can make sure it doesn’t have any weak links and so you can make some meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

Phoenix