Did I overpay for my mattress?

I purchased a full size mattress, bunkie board, and one pillow because I thought I was getting a $300 discount but after some online research, found I was really only discounted $100 for the pillow.

So, the mattress is currently on sale for $550 on their website. The store, however, listed it for higher, so I thought I was getting a bigger discount when the salesperson sold it to me for $550.

For the bunkie board, I was charged the full price of $150 and $34 for the pillow, which originally cost $130 (according to an online search). Total with tax came to a little more than I budgeted, but more than that, was $100 discount reasonable or could I have negotiated for more?

Hi seren57,

I don’t know anything about the mattress you purchased or where you purchased it so I really can’t make any comments about the mattress itself, the price you paid, any “discounts” you received, or whether they would have gone any lower but I can tell you that in stores where negotiation plays a role in the price you pay you will generally pay too much. There is more about “negotiating” in post #6 here and the videos that it links to.

Unfortunately though, if you’ve already made your purchase it may be a moot point.

Phoenix

I purchased the Beautyrest Recharge 800 Luxury Firm from Sleep Train during their mattress war sale.

Sigh… thank you for the reply. Lesson learned.