Difference in Spindle latex mattresses

Does anyone have any experience with the Spindle latex mattresses? There is a large price difference between their synthetic blend mattress and all natural mattress. Just wondering if the $700 difference (looking at king size) is worth the difference?

Quite a few threads on this brand. Use the “Search Forum” option at the top of the page.

I researched them and talked to the owner who is super informative (worth a call) but ended up building my own.

Good luck,
Mark

Hi Mikar,

Spindle is one of the members here which means that I think very highly of them and they compete well with the best in the industry. As Mark also mentioned … Neal is very knowledgeable and informative and is great to talk with on the phone.

There are many different types of latex and there are advantages and disadvantages for each. You can read more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here.

Synthetic Dunlop latex is the lowest cost version of latex and can make a good choice for those who are in lower budget ranges and aren’t able to consider more costly versions of latex. It has many of the benefits and a similar “feel” to natural Dunlop latex but in general it will be less resilient and elastic and less “supportive” than 100% natural Dunlop. Some people also prefer more natural versions of latex for personal reasons (they don’t feel as comfortable with synthetics) even though both of them are very “safe” and have been certified for harmful substances and VOC’s with the same certification (Oeko-Tex).

Whether any material is “worth it” or not is really a matter of whether it would be suitable for you and your individual circumstances and criteria or what I call your personal value equation. There are just as many people who ask “is it worth it” about the lower cost of synthetic Dunlop as the other way around and the answer will always depend on your preferences and what is best for you.

Either one could be “worth it” if it provides the benefits you are looking for and is in the budget range you are comfortable with but each person may make a different choice between them. Latex in any version is a good quality material. The best way to know the difference between them in terms of their “feel” and performance would be with your own personal experience or testing but if that’s not possible then I would always make sure that you have a more detailed conversation on the phone where you can go over the pros and cons of each relative to your circumstances which can help you decide which version of latex you may prefer or would be best for you.

Phoenix