direct mattress makers in northern Virginia?

Hi JDMWDC,

They are certainly among the better local choices in terms of quality and value and are knowledgeable and transparent about materials as well. Any of the choices there would be also be better quality/value than any of the major brands that used equivalent materials as well but as you mention for those that are comfortable with the added risk of an online purchase ā€¦ even with the usual 20% local premium that I normally suggest as being ā€œequivalent valueā€ ā€¦ they are not quite in the same ā€œvalue rangeā€ as some online manufacturers or other local manufacturers in some other areas of the country that make similar mattresses.

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

The last post here was a few years old. So I thought I would check and see if any new factory direct or recommended mattress sellers in the northern virginia/DC/Maryland area popped up?

Iā€™m probably looking for memory foam or latex options.

Thanks in advance

Hi djag67,

I keep the forum lists up to date and edit them as I become aware of new information and the last update to the Northern VA/Washington, DC list was on July 4th, 2016 so itā€™s still current as far as Iā€™m aware.

Phoenix

PS: Email notifications for topics you are subscribed to are bouncing and it may be a good idea to change the email address in your user profile if you would like the forum software to notify you about any replies.

Hi All,

I am just starting my Mattress purchasing journey. Of the local stores in NOVA region, I was wondering if there were a few that members have had a good experience with? Also interested if there were a top 3 on the recommended internet direct providers as wellā€¦ There are certainly a lot to choose from. Thank you!

Hi cheapseats,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!

I know youā€™ve already seen it (but for others looking)ā€¦subject to first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article ) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here ā€¦ the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in and around the Northern VA/Washington, DC list are listed here.

If there are any particular businesses in which you have an interest, you may use the forum search tool here to see if anyone has commented upon their experience with that business.

Feel free to post back with any specific questions you may have.

Phoenix

Thank you SO much for ALL your very informative help. I sent an email to
[email protected] to see what they haveā€¦

I will call Robert at Information ā€“ American Foam Center tomorrow since they may
be able to make my size.
Not sure I mentioned that my truck has a cab topper so 3 - 4inches would be awesome so I donā€™t lose head roomā€¦Iā€™m currently on 2" of pads & have maybe 2" left
of clearance while sitting on bed.
I also canā€™t afford or want to spend a lot of money (up to $200) on a mattress since this is all new to me & not by choice, medical reasonsā€¦but I love the outdoors & have been camping now 2 1/2 weeks w/o all necessary items yet & Iā€™m doing great. Plan is very long term.
Thank You as You are AMAZING!
Cheers
Ektar

Hi Ektar,

Thanks for the follow-up, and Iā€™m hoping youā€™ll be able to find exactly what you desire for your truck.

Phoenix

Is there an update to this list? I am in VA and looking at the list but as the post is from 2011 lots of things have changed etc. so trying to see if any one has any recommendations for latex mattresses in DMV area?

Hi MrKool.

Because of the high turnover and ever changing landscape of the mattress industry, we no longer keep active lists by zip-code. I do hope that someone who is in the area is able to chime in with some useful information for you

NikkiTMU